traveling soon & departure procedures /carnet de extranj

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
maryjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

traveling soon & departure procedures /carnet de extranj

Postby maryjo » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:39 pm

Hi friends,
I was trying to find the thread from a while back that talked about persons w/ the carnet de extranjeria and the process to leave the country (temporarily).
I am planning to travel in the next couple of weeks, and I asked my sister-in-law, who's helped me throughout the immigration process. She came back to me with a form (from our accountant I think), "Sunat Formulario No.1495".
I was told to fill out this form... basically to state that I have earned no revenues, and therefore owe no taxes, dates of departure and return, etc ... and this should be accompanied by a letter from my husband (who's Peruvian) stating his responsibility for me and any possible taxes. And that seemed to be all, just present this on departure(?????) :?

So who's done this recently? I would like to know what else is missing here... seems way too easy.

Thanks all

maryjo
naturegirl

Postby naturegirl » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:53 pm

I'd got to SUNAT and make sure that it doesn't have to be legalised. Funny about the letter from your husband. I never heard about that.
limaclub

Postby limaclub » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:12 pm

Hi Maryjo,

If you did not have anything to pay, the procedure is easy. You need basically "una declaracion jurada" which certifies that you did not have any income & "una carta de garantia" from your husband. Because in the legal logic on one hand you say that you do not have any income but on the other hand you leave in the country as a resident so someone should be responsible for yours incomes. The closet legal responsible is your husband/wife.

Naturegirl gave you a good advice, follow it. Same for the carta de garantia by the way, just to be sure.
Saludos,

South American Explorers,
956 Enrique Palacios,
Miraflores,
Lima 18.
Tel: 01 447 7731

http://www.saexplorers.org

Open: Mon-Fri: 0930 – 1700 (Weds: 2000); Sat: 0930 - 1300
Catt

Re: traveling soon & departure procedures /carnet de extranj

Postby Catt » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:07 am

Hi all,

this is just terribly confusing - I have a CE, working here, and I'm going on a short holiday overseas. So I have to fill out this Sunat form, or a different one (there are three in the Sunat website - why on earth you need a form when you're coming back is silly, but anyway...). I leave in 4 days, so I hope the process is quick!

Tips anyone?
limaclub

Postby limaclub » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi Catt,

Tt depends on your situation here in Peru. You should check this page to find the proper answer : http://www.digemin.gob.pe/faq_inmigracion.html

Saludos,
Saludos,

South American Explorers,
956 Enrique Palacios,
Miraflores,
Lima 18.
Tel: 01 447 7731

http://www.saexplorers.org

Open: Mon-Fri: 0930 – 1700 (Weds: 2000); Sat: 0930 - 1300
canadiantraveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby canadiantraveller » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi Catt,

As limaclub mentioned, it really depends on your situation and what type of carnet you have.

This is how I understand it.
I have a carnet based on marriage to a peruvian familiar del residente[i][/i]. If you have that, you don´t require any of those papers. Your Carnet, and the form they give you at the airport is all you will need.

If your carnet is based on work, you will need to provide the necessary papers to show you have paid your taxes.

The last time I left Peru was my first time since receiving a carnet. I brought every paper you could think of, notarized letter from my wife, the necessary form to show i have paid taxes, and when I went through customs they didn´t ask for anything. After they let stamped me out, we actually decided to ask why they didn´t require ask for any of these forms, they explained that it´s not necessary if your carnet is familiar del residente This is something we had explained to Immigrations before we left when we were asking, and their information was completely contradictory to what we were told at the airport, really frustrating.

In a couple days I´m leaving the country for the second time and I still worry that this time around they will be asking for something new, so lets see how it goes.

Matt
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:09 pm

canadiantraveller - so, how did it go this time?
canadiantraveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby canadiantraveller » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Same as last time, showed my passport, carnet, and the Immigrations form. They didn´t say a thing.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:25 pm

I think that people that have a CE got hassled more.

When I arrived (back from Cuba) yesterday. The immigration officer asked me 3 times if I have a CE. When I said that I did'nt, he stamped my passport and gave me 183 days without hassle.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register