Real Estate in Lima: already a 10% less

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Claudia1973
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Claudia1973 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:19 pm

My husband is paid above average, but not too much. He has a full time job working for a USA company and a part-time professor job at a University. Yet we cannot afford to purchase a row house in Surco that we now rent.

I called a seller yesterday (home - none row house) a block away, and they are asking $840,000 - the place needs work too. The average row house in the our neighborhood is offered at $300,000 - $350,000 (we suspect that seller are looking for developers only to buy their homes).

My husband did the math. He estimated that the average yearly net income for the neighborhood ought to be about $80,000. We concluded our neighbors are house rich and cash poor.

We want a home to raise a family and life in for 30+ years - not to flip or develop. We plan to look outside of Lima.

We do not want to wait the two or three years for the prices to become for affordable for average income earners.

tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:49 pm

According to this article the gov't is trying to push prices down. I guess they see the writing on the wall and are trying to keep the market stable and affordable (or many foreigner may return to their respective countries)- assumption

In Spanish:
http://www.rpp.com.pe/2009-03-12-minist ... 69697.html

Translated and summarized (online translator)

Minister Vílchez: Prices of houses would have to lower by reduction of costs

The minister of House, Construction and Cleaning, Nidia Vílchez, maintained that the prices of the houses and departments would have to lower more by the reduction of the construction costs and the smaller demand than has from the last months of the past year.

She indicated that the decision to continue lowering the prices depends on the own real estate companies, nevertheless, the government will continue taking the actions necessary to achieve that objective.
latina_822
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby latina_822 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:42 am

We want a home to raise a family and life in for 30+ years - not to flip or develop. We plan to look outside of Lima.

We do not want to wait the two or three years for the prices to become for affordable for average income earners.

Claudia we are in the same situation, trying to buy something in Peru, so far the only chance i see is an apart. because house are really expensive i also don't understand why the costs are so high we are comparing costs with Germany and they seem to be almost the same. Seems my husband can not do an early retirement as he wants to enjoy travelling within Peru.
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:21 am

latina_822 wrote:We want a home to raise a family and life in for 30+ years - not to flip or develop. We plan to look outside of Lima.

Claudia we are in the same situation, trying to buy something in Peru, so far the only chance i see is an apart. because house are really expensive i also don't understand why the costs are so high we are comparing costs with Germany and they seem to be almost the same. Seems my husband can not do an early retirement as he wants to enjoy travelling within Peru.[/quote]

That is a good plan. I purchased a old casona in Chiclayo Pimentel for $13K cash (right on the beach) Renovating it is alot less than buying in LIMA. even apartment are less here $38K for a 104M2 a3 bdrm apartment 1/2 block from the beach.

You should check out Chiclayo/Pimentel beach.
Spirit has contracts to fly directly from FT Lauderdale. We are just waiting for this to happen. Then we will not have to go through Lima and lose a day.

Chiclayo is the 3rd largest city in Peru behind Arequipa

brissa18
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby brissa18 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Does anyone knows how much is the price of an apartment in Pimentel Beach???....the place looks like nice...
markr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby markr » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:27 am

brissa18 wrote:Does anyone knows how much is the price of an apartment in Pimentel Beach???....the place looks like nice...

Try ringing either of these numbers. 22-7913 or 23-8427 (Chiclayo) They were building this block of apartments right on the sea front when I was in Pimentel at the end of December last year.

Image[/img]
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:10 pm

brissa18 wrote:Does anyone knows how much is the price of an apartment in Pimentel Beach???....the place looks like nice...

There are apartments on/near the beach Start at $40K .

The photos I posted above are of a place a block off the beach.

There is a guy in Chiclayo I use when apartment hunting.

[email protected]

decordanny.com
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:12 pm

tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:19 pm

mammalu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammalu » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:24 pm

Humm... Tarollins (future Mayor of Pimentel)... the pictures are really nice!
Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong." ! Abraham Lincoln
edwin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby edwin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Excellent photographs!
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:27 am

mammalu wrote:Humm... Tarollins (future Mayor of Pimentel)... the pictures are really nice!

lol - Promoting Pimentel because I love the place.

Check out the new hotel with a sushi bar and Karaoke (on the beach).

http://www.puertodelsol.com.pe/
mammalu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammalu » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:24 am

Before you leave for Peru, Philly is not far away from NJ, so maybe we can meet. David also lives in NJ. We can ask him to treat us to lunch.. :P Give it some thought!

Take Care
Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong." ! Abraham Lincoln
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:08 pm

mammalu wrote:Before you leave for Peru, Philly is not far away from NJ, so maybe we can meet. David also lives in NJ. We can ask him to treat us to lunch.. :P Give it some thought!

Take Care

Sounds great - ( I am 15 Minutes from Jersey Turnpike) Travel to Trenton alot.

Let's do it :-)

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register