Tierra Santa

Peruvian food. Yum! It is not why we came, but it´s why we stay. Let´s talk about restaurants, ingredients, recipes and more.

Moderator: ExpatPeruMods

sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tierra Santa

Postby sbaustin » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:52 am

I had lunch at Tierra Santa the other day and stupidly I left my notebook and tablet on the table after leaving. When I called they said it was there and that they had it safe. I picked it up after work. It is always nice no matter where in the world you are to get honest service so if you do have a chance, drop by and get some hummus, a shawerma or even some baklava.

Neshan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tierra Santa

Postby Neshan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:23 am

I´m so glad that they were honest! Great ending to a scary situation.

They are an okay restaurant, in my opinion. They have acceptable food as far as middle eastern is concerned, if you haven´t had the real thing. I am of middle eastern descent myself... so my standards are set by the authentic stuff. They are (I think) Palestinian immigrants who came here and opened a restaurant (like so many others), and I don´t think they ran the same kind of business in their home country.
If you were to compare to authentic Arabic-style cuisine, then they are crap. But if you want a quick and cheap meal, they are recommendable. Their lamb shawarma is the only thing on the menu that is constantly excellent. Their kibbe and falafel are decent. But their stuffed grape leaves are garbage.

Stick to the shawarma and mint lemonade.
It´s right in the center of Miraflores, and pretty cheap.

JUST MY OPINION :mrgreen:
Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Guiri » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:46 pm

Had their shawarma today and I must say its deeelicious !!! ...specially for that price(11soles)
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:32 pm

Guiri wrote:Had their shawarma today and I must say its deeelicious !!! ...specially for that price(11soles)

Great prices good food and service. It´s been hard to find a seat recently.. so that tells you something.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Is this the place in front of Parque Kennedy? My Northern European ancestry doesn't make me the best judge of Middle Eastern food, but I don't get the opportunity to eat it all that often in Peru so it's a welcome change. We had the shawarma and mint lemonade and thought it tasty. The service was good, as always. Nice to hear about the notebook being safeguarded.
Neshan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Neshan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:26 am

ironchefchris wrote:Is this the place in front of Parque Kennedy?

No, that´s another similar joint. This one is on Schell, right between Larco and Alcanfores.

You can´t go wrong with their shawarma, mint lemonade, and hummus.
Other items on the menu have always left me a little dissappointed. But I was raised with that food. I miss the real stuff.
Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Guiri » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:40 pm

mmm...their Hummus isnt that great...had it yesterday and was a bit disappointed :(
karin4

Postby karin4 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:45 am

I'm glad to know it went well for you!

Well, I'm not an expert on this type of food, but I find it tasty, and plus it's cheap. My friends really seem to like their food, specially the shawarma. I've never tried it because I'm a vegetarian, but I always enjoy eating falafel. I recomment their falafel sandwich with french fries, it's really good!
Also, they have a happy hour, I think it's 2 drinks for 14 soles.

Return to “Peruvian Cuisine”

Login  •  Register