Peruvian champagne???

Peruvian food. Yum! It is not why we came, but it´s why we stay. Let´s talk about restaurants, ingredients, recipes and more.

Moderator: ExpatPeruMods

chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Peruvian champagne???

Postby chi chi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:54 am

I just opened a bottle of Napoleón at 5 am.

A great sparkling wine. A bit sweet but good taste.

Great to accompany home made Guacamole.

Only 7.50 soles for a bottle.

panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Peruvian champagne???

Postby panman » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:41 am

chi chi wrote:I just opened a bottle of Napoleón at 5 am.

At S/. 7.50 a bottle, that has to be the finest Napoleon. I can just imagine the taste.
Now be kind to your stomach and have a glass of Bismutol :lol:
Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Guiri » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:50 am

Its like Asti??? Juuurgh...no thanks!
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:45 pm

panman wrote:
chi chi wrote:I just opened a bottle of Napoleón at 5 am.

At S/. 7.50 a bottle, that has to be the finest Napoleon. I can just imagine the taste.
Now be kind to your stomach and have a glass of Bismutol :lol:

It's sparkling wine not Cognac. It's made in Ica in Peru.

We finished the whole bottle and it's really nice. Not too strong, good taste, nice color and nice to drink if you put a strawberry in the glass.

Today, I am going to buy a few bottles more and I am going to make sorbet of it. I am wondering how that's going to be.
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:47 pm

Peruvian wines are like mothers in law... ALWAYS A HEADACHE!
Regards,

Argidd
Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Danny55 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:16 pm

argidd wrote:Peruvian wines are like mothers in law... ALWAYS A HEADACHE!

That is a great analogy! :)
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:47 pm

I happen to like my mother in law. I'd rather spend an hour with her than a minute with any of the Peruvian wines I've tried. Throw in a few bottles of a nice dry red from Chile or Argentina and I'll spend all day with her. Make it a case and I'll hang out with anybody's mother in law.
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:05 pm

Not always the case, for instance, try a bottle of Tacama's Don Manuel.
It's a really nice red wine, in my opinion, but will set you back the best part of S/. 100 a bottle.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:10 pm

ironchefchris wrote:

I happen to like my mother in law. I'd rather spend an hour with her than a minute with any of the Peruvian wines I've tried. Throw in a few bottles of a nice dry red from Chile or Argentina and I'll spend all day with her. Make it a case and I'll hang out with anybody's mother in law.

My gf her mother drinks home made arguadiente with strawberry taste.
She's really nice. She wear a black bowler hat, has 2 long pony tails and wears a traditional long dress.

She prefers to speak Quechua as well as her Spanish isn't perfect.
It's nice to meet people that don't life the rat race and just try to keep up with the Jonesses.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:18 pm

chi chi wrote:It's nice to meet people that don't life the rat race and just try to keep up with the Jonesses.

Do the Jones' own two houses and regularly fly all over the world on holiday?
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:48 pm

ironchefchris wrote:
chi chi wrote:It's nice to meet people that don't life the rat race and just try to keep up with the Jonesses.

I don't try to keep up with the Jonesses...the Jonesses try to keep up with ME. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking of replacing the label on the bottle of the cheap Napoleón sparkling wine I bougt in the supermarket with a Dom Perignon lable. I would be nice to put it on the table of my terrace so that the Jonesses can see it.

untitled.png
untitled.png (38.07 KiB) Viewed 3351 times

untitled.png
untitled.png (26.4 KiB) Viewed 3351 times
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:12 pm

chi chi wrote:
ironchefchris wrote:

I don't try to keep up with the Jonesses...the Jonesses try to keep up with ME. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking of replacing the label on the bottle of the cheap Napoleón sparkling wine I bougt in the supermarket with a Dom Perignon lable. I would be nice to put it on the table of my terrace so that the Jonesses can see it.

untitled.png

untitled.png

That's like the store with shelfs full of empty boxes. Do you offer the Jones' a glass and are they fooled or do they just realize that you're pulling the old $20,000 Millionaire trick? Does the wine taste any better to you or them through the power of suggestion? Have fun with that, I'll stick to real deal when it comes to wine. I don't have a need to impress others. How bourgeois. How utterly capitalist.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:05 pm

ironchefchris wrote:
chi chi wrote:
ironchefchris wrote:

untitled.png

untitled.png

That's like the store with shelfs full of empty boxes. Do you offer the Jones' a glass and are they fooled or do they just realize that you're pulling the old $20,000 Millionaire trick? Does the wine taste any better to you or them through the power of suggestion? Have fun with that, I'll stick to real deal when it comes to wine. I don't have a need to impress others. How bourgeois. How utterly capitalist.

I don't think that a bottle of Moet and Chandon or Vieja Napoleón aren't that different when it comes to quality. They are just different in taste. The color of Vieja Napoleón is a bit more gold and it tastes a bit sweeter. But both are nice.
I drunk loads of Moet and Chandon. When I worked for the airlines, the crew took the bottles of Moet and Chandon that were left over and were unopened home or to the hotel room to have one of our famous ''room parties''. Often we used the champagne to prepare '' a cocktail with girls in it''.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:47 pm

I thought you were comparing the Napoleón for S/. 7.50 with the Dom Perignon whose bottle you're thinking of swapping labels with so you could fool/impress the Jones'. I fell sorry for your tastebuds if you can't tell the difference between the two, but if you believe they taste the same I'm sure you'll save a ton of money over the years not having to drink quality booze. Try mixing it/cutting it with OJ to kill the taste - with the Napoleón, it'd be a crime to mix Dom with anything. Still trying to wrap my head around why you feel the need to impress/fool your neighbors, but if that's your thing.... Are these the same neighbors you're charging for access to your cable/rip off the cable company?
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:57 am

ironchefchris wrote:IStill trying to wrap my head around why you feel the need to impress/fool your neighbors, but if that's your thing....

It's just a joke. I didn't swap the labels. Anyway, where would I get a Dom Perignon label in Peru.

And even then, people in Peru don't know what Dom Perignon is. I've never seen Dom Perignon in a shop in Peru.

Yesterday, I saw at the supermarket a bottle of ''Chandon''. One of the most expensive bottles at the supermarket for sale at 56 soles. I am sure, it can't be compared with Moet & Chandon.
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:09 am

chi chi wrote:
ironchefchris wrote:IStill trying to wrap my head around why you feel the need to impress/fool your neighbors, but if that's your thing....

It's just a joke. I didn't swap the labels. Anyway, where would I get a Dom Perignon label in Peru.

And even then, people in Peru don't know what Dom Perignon is. I've never seen Dom Perignon in a shop in Peru.

Yesterday, I saw at the supermarket a bottle of ''Chandon''. One of the most expensive bottles at the supermarket for sale at 56 soles. I am sure, it can't be compared with Moet & Chandon.

If you want to get really excited, next time you're in Lima, nip into Wong at Plaza San Miguel where they are now catering for the nouveau riche of the area, and you can see for sale louis roederer cristal champagne.
By the way which winery in Ica is responsible for Napoleón? I'm going down in the morning, for the weekend, and would love to try it as a matter of curiosity.
If I buy it at source I should be able to get it for much less than S/ 7.50 a bottle. I've already packed the Bismutol, just in case :D
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:18 am

chi chi wrote:

It's just a joke. I didn't swap the labels.

So hard to tell with you chi chi. Based on the amount of BS you spread around here (7 year old S/. 150 hitmen being the most entertaining, "breathtaking" views of Café Plaza in cool and balmy Tarapoto being second) I'm starting to believe everything you post is just a joke and not to be taken seriously. You have the same credibility problem as the boy who cried wolf. He told so many lies that no one believed him when he actually told the truth.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:33 am

panman wrote:
If I buy it at source I should be able to get it for much less than S/ 7.50 a bottle. I've already packed the Bismutol, just in case :D

I am not so sure about that.
Supermarkets can negotiate a better price as they buy bottles by the hundreds or thousands.
If you just buy a couple of bottles, then they will charge you more.
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:02 pm

ironchefchris wrote:

I'll lend you mine. She can snoop around in your house, and see how you've arranged it the wrong way, so she can do it the "right way".
Regards,

Argidd
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:00 am

argidd wrote:
ironchefchris wrote:

I'll lend you mine. She can snoop around in your house, and see how you've arranged it the wrong way, so she can do it the "right way".

Assuming that she lives in the UK, you should be thankful that she can only snoop from
10135.2 Kilometers away :lol:
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:44 pm

panman wrote:
argidd wrote:
ironchefchris wrote:

Assuming that she lives in the UK, you should be thankful that she can only snoop from

Haha, they do visit... that's when the snooping goes on. Thankfully not too long, and not very often.
Regards,

Argidd
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:56 pm

argidd wrote:
panman wrote:
argidd wrote:
ironchefchris wrote:

Haha, they do visit... that's when the snooping goes on. Thankfully not too long, and not very often.

Change the place as she likes it just before she arrives, then change it back to suit you the moment she leaves. That way you become the perfect daughter in law :lol:
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:47 pm

panman wrote:Change the place as she likes it just before she arrives, then change it back to suit you the moment she leaves. That way you become the perfect daughter in law :lol:

When she visits you after dark, then pull the main circuit breaker and tell her that there's a power blackout so she won't see anything.

Return to “Peruvian Cuisine”

Login  •  Register