Duck Breasts in Lima?

Peruvian food. Yum! It is not why we came, but it´s why we stay. Let´s talk about restaurants, ingredients, recipes and more.

Moderator: ExpatPeruMods

Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member

Duck Breasts in Lima?

Postby Danny55 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 am

Anybody know where I can buy duck breasts in Lima? Ideally not to far from La Molina.
I think I recall seeing them in Makro but do not want to go to Santa Anita just to find out they don't have them.

Thanks

panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Duck Breasts in Lima?

Postby panman » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:04 pm

Danny55 wrote:Anybody know where I can buy duck breasts in Lima? Ideally not to far from La Molina.
I think I recall seeing them in Makro but do not want to go to Santa Anita just to find out they don't have them.

Thanks

If you're in La Molina, I'd risk a visit to the markets at the university of agriculture.
It makes for a nice afternoon out, even if they don't have exactly what you want. Last time I was there, I saw the nearest thing to English sauages that I've seen in 7 years.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:30 pm

Danny55 wrote:Anybody know where I can buy duck breasts in Lima? Ideally not to far from La Molina.

Thanks

Why don't you give Makro a call to ask if they have them?
Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Danny55 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:42 pm

panman wrote:

Thanks

If you're in La Molina, I'd risk a visit to the markets at the university of agriculture.
It makes for a nice afternoon out, even if they don't have exactly what you want. Last time I was there, I saw the nearest thing to English sauages that I've seen in 7 years.

Great idea, would like to have English bangers.
Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Danny55 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:43 pm

chi chi wrote:

Thanks

Why don't you give Makro a call to ask if they have them?

You make a good point - but I would prefer not to go to Makro unless I have a large amount of shopping to get (which I currently don't).
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Danny55 wrote:
panman wrote:

Thanks

Great idea, would like to have English bangers.

And they also sell potatoes.
Bangers and mash. Just need to find HP or settle for Ketchup :D
Please report back if you go and see anything interesting, I might have a drive up there over the weekend.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Danny55 wrote:Great idea, would like to have English bangers.

The streets of Lima are full of bangers. (on four wheels)

Return to “Peruvian Cuisine”

Login  •  Register