Peru named world's leading culinary destination for 2nd time

Peruvian food. Yum! It is not why we came, but it´s why we stay. Let´s talk about restaurants, ingredients, recipes and more.

Moderator: ExpatPeruMods

teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Peru named world's leading culinary destination for 2nd time

Postby teamoperu » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:45 am

chi chi wrote:I am wondering who those people are who selected Peru as the world's leading culinary destination and how they came to that decisión.

Perhaps if you read the OP and link you will find the answer to your question?

timothy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby timothy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:47 am

teamoperu wrote:
chi chi wrote:I am wondering who those people are who selected Peru as the world's leading culinary destination and how they came to that decisión.

Perhaps if you read the OP and link you will find the answer to your question?

Bravo, Teamoperu !

Re: Peruvian food. I think that it is an indication of the fame of a country's cuisine when some of the unique menu items used become common in other languages.

Such as: Sushi (Japan)

Such as: Ceviche (Peru)
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:18 pm

When I want to spend an extra buck on food then I go to ''El Rincón Sureno de las Parilladas'' Tarapoto.

Good good, excellent service and almost democratically priced.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:56 pm

chi chi wrote:When I want to spend an extra buck on food then I go to ''El Rincón Sureno de las Parilladas'' Tarapoto.

Good good, excellent service and almost democratically priced.

So what?
Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Guiri » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:37 pm

britteacher

Postby britteacher » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:20 pm

Wow, really looking forward to arriving. Looks like loads of great restaurants, going to have to check some of those out! Wish I was in Lima for lunch! :)
panc.jefe
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby panc.jefe » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:42 am

I have just returned to Peru from two months in Barcelona, and I can firmly attest that prices in Spain are much higher than in Peru. Perhaps the clearest example of that were the prices at a very mundane Peruvian restaurant in Barcelona where two corn tamales were 8 euros about 28-29 soles by todays exchange rate. A small plate of the most basic ceviche was 12.50 Euros or 45 soles. Prices in the local markets were also much higher in Spain than in Peru.
My culinary experience in Peru has been that you can get absolutely fabulous food for astronomical prices and fabulous food for a steal, and the same goes for lousy food. What distinguishes Peru, in my mind at least, from other places in South America (excluding Mexico) is that it has a full and excellent "cuisine", comparable in all ways to Italian cuisine, Indian cuisine, French cuisine and Chinese cuisine. It is the rich complexity of ingredients, dishes, spices, and preparation techniques that gives Peruvian food its unique quality and makes Peru a leading culinary destination in the world.

Return to “Peruvian Cuisine”

Login  •  Register