Hard to find Aji

Peruvian food. Yum! It is not why we came, but it´s why we stay. Let´s talk about restaurants, ingredients, recipes and more.

Moderator: ExpatPeruMods

NickCasper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hard to find Aji

Postby NickCasper » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:56 am

Hey friends,

I'm looking for harder to find ajies. Actually rather consistently in supply. Whole fruits are what I'm looking for. Specificacally, pipi de mono, aji de mote, ojo de pescado, etc. Can any of you hook me up with somebody who knows somebody who knows a guy that can help me. Thanks guys. Send me a message or reply. It doesnt matter

crazytacoperu.com
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Hard to find Aji

Postby crazytacoperu.com » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:02 pm

NickCasper wrote:Hey friends,

I'm looking for harder to find ajies. Actually rather consistently in supply. Whole fruits are what I'm looking for. Specificacally, pipi de mono, aji de mote, ojo de pescado, etc. Can any of you hook me up with somebody who knows somebody who knows a guy that can help me. Thanks guys. Send me a message or reply. It doesnt matter

You can the very hot tiny spicy jungle aji in Mercado #1. I think they have pipi de mono as well.
..A Peruvian once asked me:what's the difference between special and abnormal?.....well my answer was : Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus..
goalie3443
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Hard to find Aji

Postby goalie3443 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:48 am

why not dry out a few, plant the seeds and grow your own? I even have a steady supply of Pinguita de mono, rocoto, amarillo and panca in the states every summer just bag em up and throw them in the freezer and they last until the next harvest season!
Jeffe

http://mochilerosperu.wordpress.com
Peru Budget Travel and Review Blog

Return to “Peruvian Cuisine”

Login  •  Register