Peru ranks #20 on best food worldwide

Peruvian food. Yum! It is not why we came, but it´s why we stay. Let´s talk about restaurants, ingredients, recipes and more.

Moderator: ExpatPeruMods

caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Peru ranks #20 on best food worldwide

Postby caliguy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:14 pm

my favorites are #1 and 2 (Italian/Mexican) but there are lots of those restaurants in Los Angeles. i would have thought Peru would have been higher up on the list.
http://www.thetoptens.com/countries-with-the-best-food/

every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Peru ranks #20 on best food worldwide

Postby mrsteak » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:17 pm

It isn't there anymore?

The list is bogus anyway... what is US food? Mc Donalds? Or do they mean all the latin & co restaurants prevalent across US?

I would not take anything from the top ten, except maybe Greece and Thailand... The other countries maybe have tasty food but it isn't healthy (either too monotonic, too spicy, or too artificial).
SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Peru ranks #20 on best food worldwide

Postby SilverbackPeru » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:41 am

As Mr Steak says Peru isn't even on the list. These sites are usually just easy click bait with little basis in fact. Seriously Wales and Scotland are on the list, how researched can it be!!!

I would agree with several of the top ones being correct however, French, Italian, Mexican, Thai and Indian (Indian easily having the best flavours in my opinion). Mediterranean foods like Greek are extremely healthy with a good kebab containing a bit of grilled meat, salad and citrus fruit and yogurt. I did think that Mediterranean seafood didn't even come close to touching Peruvian seafood, Peruvian seafood is just in a league of it's own!

I don't understand the hate for American food though? It's probably the most diverse food in the world!!!

Return to “Peruvian Cuisine”

Login  •  Register