Great Chifas in Lima

Peruvian food. Yum! It is not why we came, but it´s why we stay. Let´s talk about restaurants, ingredients, recipes and more.

Moderator: ExpatPeruMods

Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Great Chifas in Lima

Postby Alan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:56 am

A Chinese friend turned me on to this place: Chifa Nueva Av. Aviacion 2873 San Borja, and I'd like to recommend it to all of you Chifa lovers out there.

We were really impressed. A very wide menu.. and the cool thing is that they have a second menu with traditional chinese dishes, but with pictures, so you get a sense of what you are ordering. Funky decor (lime green.. which is a nice break from red and gold), the ubiquitous TV sets, a couple private rooms, clean, good service and reasonable prices.

Apparently they have a good dim sum breakfast, but we went for lunch, so I can't vouch for it.

Add to this list if you have found a much-better-than-average chifa. :P

-Alan

mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Great Chifas in Lima

Postby mrsteak » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:25 pm

Chinese food is only as good as the fat they use to fry it.... do they use cheap palm oil?
mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mrsteak » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:23 pm

Right now on Peruvian TV: chifa in cono norte serving dog meat.... :roll: :roll:
toughrider
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby toughrider » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:33 pm

Chifa Canton in Tarapoto is very good too.

Next month, I am travelling to Shanghai. I am wondering how the Chifa's will be over there.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:03 pm

Well it all spends on what dogs you like. In Peru they use those hairless dogs. In China the use those Chow dogs. That is an actual hound, Chow.
A popular dish is Chow Main, need I say more?
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:31 pm

Okay, now that folks have gotten their 'wok the dog' jokes out of their system, add to this list if there is a place you can recommend.
toughrider
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby toughrider » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Chifa Capon at the plaza in Magdalena del Mar is very good as well. Downstairs is supermercado Capon. Probably the cheapest and for sure one of the best supermarkets in Lima.
toughrider
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby toughrider » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:54 pm

Chifa Capon at the plaza in Magdalena del Mar is very good as well. Downstairs is supermercado Capon. Probably the cheapest and for sure one of the best supermarkets in Lima. The also play very good music in the supermarket.
They speak little Spanish but the cashiers' looks are worth a detour. Especially Zhang Xiaoyu and Shu Wen Yu.
My advice: hang a bucket around your neck before you wait in line at the check out as you'll be drooling.
toughrider
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby toughrider » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:59 am

One of my favourites is Chifa Costasur.

Located at Jiron Chamaya in San Miguel. (behind Plaza San Miguel)

The service isn't that good but the food is excellent.
I think that they pay their staff low wages thus causing demotivated staff and a hugh staff turnover. Every time I go there, they have other waitresses.

Return to “Peruvian Cuisine”

Login  •  Register