Restaurant recommendations?

Peruvian food. Yum! It is not why we came, but it´s why we stay. Let´s talk about restaurants, ingredients, recipes and more.

Moderator: ExpatPeruMods

jenlor
Silver Member
Silver Member

Restaurant recommendations?

Postby jenlor » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:08 pm

This should be fun......

I'm looking for your favorite restaurants and why you like them. My husband and I come down to Miraflores for a few months every year. We always end up eating at the same restaurants. I'm looking for some new ones to try in Miraflores, San Isidro and Barranco.

We don't do Ceviche or Chifa.

Kelly

Postby Kelly » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:23 pm

You'll find quite a few good restaurants here in the culinary forum.

I would recommend the Cordon Bleu culinary school in Miraflores - very reasonable prices for excellent food. Call ahead for reservations.

Le Cordon Bleu Peru
Av. Nuñez de Balboa 530
Miraflores, Lima 18, Peru
T : +51 1 242 8222
Last edited by Kelly on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sonia » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:34 pm

There are many good restaurants listed in the EXPATPERU culinary forum. Please browse through it. Also, in Youtube there are nice videos of big and small restaurants in Lima (the videos posted for Restaurante Scena are quite interesting and amusing) and TV restaurant tours by Gaston Acurio and other well-regarded Peruvian chefs.

Once you get to Lima, purchase one or more of the restaurant and culinary guides sold in the book and magazine section at a Wong supermarket. The beautiful restaurant guide called "Lima 40 restaurantes 40 espacios" is a good one to take back home. The restaurants included are some of the most well-known in the city. For smaller, out of way places that are inexpensive and serve good food buy the Lima "Huarique" guide which I've seen at Crisol bookstores.

Lima has enough great restaurants to eat delicious food at a different one each day! Enjoy them and please write back with your favorites!
naturegirl

Postby naturegirl » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:38 pm

There's a nice Indian place near Ovalo Higuerta . there's also a good Middle Eastern place in Parque kennedy.
b_ridy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby b_ridy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:10 pm

Mavery

it's on the right hand side of Ejercito, miraflores just as u turn on from pardo...
nice little atmosphire, really like it there... decent pizza and AMAZING crab empanadas! relaxed but good for family dinners or a dinner for two ... anything u like..
not over priced i didnt think...
google them.. they have a website...
if u go on a friday or saturday after 8 u might have to wait a short time for a table.. or make a booking...

other places,
if u wanna pay too much for some VERY nice peruvian food,
"señor del sulco"
on the malecon at the end of pardo is good...
bit on the fancy side, but lovely few and delicious food
service is not always great on weeknights, but strangely enough, gets better as they get busier...
beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
markr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby markr » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:23 pm

b_ridy wrote:Mavery

it's on the right hand side of Ejercito, miraflores just as u turn on from pardo...
nice little atmosphire, really like it there... decent pizza and AMAZING crab empanadas! relaxed but good for family dinners or a dinner for two ... anything u like..
not over priced i didnt think...
google them.. they have a website...
if u go on a friday or saturday after 8 u might have to wait a short time for a table.. or make a booking...

other places,
if u wanna pay too much for some VERY nice peruvian food,
"señor del sulco"
on the malecon at the end of pardo is good...
bit on the fancy side, but lovely few and delicious food
service is not always great on weeknights, but strangely enough, gets better as they get busier...

I'll give a big thumbs up for Mavery having eaten there many times since moving to Miraflores. One thing to mention is that they do a delivery service. I've never dared to try it as I only live just over the road but it's good to know if you live a little further away.
calygirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby calygirl » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:01 pm

Not exactly a restaurant recommendation, but a food experience all the same. On Sundays, there is a food festival in Avenida La Marina in San Miquel. It's a great opportunity to look at all the dishes and then decide on your purchase, find a table and enjoy! Hint, try to get your table ahead of time, then you won't have to walk around carrying your food. Pisco sours for 4 soles, and most of the food is around 11 soles. Last time there I had rolled chicken breast stuffed with ham and spinach, papas puree, and vegtables and fresh piccones for dessert.
There are probably other similar events in other parks in Lima.
Polaron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Restaurant recommendations?

Postby Polaron » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:45 am

Let's revive this topic with some recommendations for great restaurants in Miraflores, San Borja San Isidro and other nearby areas within Lima. I'm curious to see what people will say.

I'm also taking a first date tomorrow evening so I would appreciate some suggestions.
Professional, bilingual writer at your service.
FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FDiH » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:23 pm

If you are into good quality beef: Osso - http://www.osso.pe/
Av Santo Toribio 173 y Av Central 172, Torre Real 6 San Isidro (opposite Swisshotel)
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:55 pm

Amazonic cuisine: amaz.com.pe/ (28 de Julio and Av. La Paz). Besides some really nice dishes, they offer a really interesting selection of mixed drinks.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:42 pm

Good idea to revive this thread..

Lima has an inmense offer about Restaurants. I really don't know anyone who knows all the possibilites the city offer.

I like a lot Ceviche prepared at the restaurant Esteros de Tumbes in Magdalena del Mar.
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:46 pm

My favorite restaurant in Peru is El Rincon Sureno.

Nice Spanish interior.
You wouldn't think your are in Peru but in an upscale restaurant in Malaga or Barcelona.
The wine list is extensive. A lot of Rioja wines.

The tapas are great.

It's the only restaurant in Peru where I have seen the waiters wear tuxedos.

https://www.tripadvisor.es/Restaurant_R ... egion.html

Return to “Peruvian Cuisine”

Login  •  Register