taxis from Airport to Barranco?

This is the spot for Peru travel tips and general queries about travel in Peru.

Moderators: ExpatPeruMods, Alan

chante
Gold Member
Gold Member

taxis from Airport to Barranco?

Postby chante » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:54 am

Does anyone know the current cost in soles of a safe taxi from the airport to Barranco? Our hotel has offered to pick us up, but they will charge us $25 US which seems high.

caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: taxis from Airport to Barranco?

Postby caliguy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:03 am

i would imagine about 50-60 soles. i just paid 50 soles to go from cercado Lima to inside the airport.
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
Danny55
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Danny55 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:43 am

chante wrote:Does anyone know the current cost in soles of a safe taxi from the airport to Barranco? Our hotel has offered to pick us up, but they will charge us $25 US which seems high.

According to Satellite it costs 55 soles. I would guess with EasyTaxi the fare will be similar.

http://aplicacionesautotaxi.com/tarifario/#/6
symby a wonk

Postby symby a wonk » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:52 pm

By bus, it will cost you not more than 3 solitos.
Polaron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Polaron » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:44 pm

chante wrote:Does anyone know the current cost in soles of a safe taxi from the airport to Barranco? Our hotel has offered to pick us up, but they will charge us $25 US which seems high.

Given the distance and the convenience $25 sounds like a bargain
Professional, bilingual writer at your service.
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sergio Bernales » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:53 pm

I came across this recently. It's from last year, but I think it's still accurate, although the fares will be cheaper in dollars, as the dollar's shot up against the sol, giving you more bang for your bucks, so 55 soles is now about $15.50 at today's exchange rate of 3.54 soles to the dollar.

http://www.lan.com/onlyinsouthamerica/1 ... t-edition/

"Expect to pay around S/.50 (US$17) for a ride to Miraflores or San Isidro and S/.55 (US$18) to Barranco. If you need a van (either because you have more than three passengers or because of oversized luggage), rates are about S/.20 (US$7) higher."

http://www.taxigreen.com.pe/
TSPF

Postby TSPF » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:38 am

Any time you need an airport transfer feel free to call or message me at +51-993-615-187. I am a 100% Legal Taxi Remisse, that's fully insured with rates competitive with applications (whether they're legal or not).
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:26 pm

We will be arriving at the airport in the late afternoon on May 11.
We live in Villa Maria del Triunfo; close to Parque Industrial train station.
Maybe you have another customer coming to Lima on this date or are dropping someone off at the airport. Just seeing what the rates would be; realize we are not in a much-requested area.
Best wishes. :roll:
goalie3443
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby goalie3443 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:20 am

Appears I am too late but dont talk to the taxi drivers waiting like sharks right outside the terminal door. Begin walking to your right on the sidewalk that runs next to the exit lane Taxitas will stop after dropping of their fares and try to pick you up. During the daylight its a lot cheaper. I picked up a friend at the airport one night at near 1 am and headed to Calle de los pizzas and got a S./15 fare, no lie. You can also hang in the parking lot where people are getting dropped off and ask for a fare there. The guys are the door dont even bother with me anymore I just smile and walk right on by but you will get a good fare about 50 feet out the door. Taxi's are arriving every minute through the day. Outside the gate its not as easy but you can grab a bus if you know your way around. I only use buses when I have plenty of time on my hands or traveling on to specific places....
Jeffe

http://mochilerosperu.wordpress.com
Peru Budget Travel and Review Blog
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:29 am

goalie3443 wrote:Appears I am too late but dont talk to the taxi drivers waiting like sharks right outside the terminal door. Begin walking to your right on the sidewalk that runs next to the exit lane Taxitas will stop after dropping of their fares and try to pick you up. During the daylight its a lot cheaper. I picked up a friend at the airport one night at near 1 am and headed to Calle de los pizzas and got a S./15 fare, no lie. You can also hang in the parking lot where people are getting dropped off and ask for a fare there. The guys are the door dont even bother with me anymore I just smile and walk right on by but you will get a good fare about 50 feet out the door. Taxi's are arriving every minute through the day. Outside the gate its not as easy but you can grab a bus if you know your way around. I only use buses when I have plenty of time on my hands or traveling on to specific places....

Buses are cheaper and safer. You're playing Russian roulette with taxi drivers. All kind of horror stories about how they work in tandem with a friend they call on a cell then proceed to rob you of everything. Even your eyeglasses (if you wear em).
goalie3443
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby goalie3443 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:02 am

Formidable 1 wrote:
goalie3443 wrote:Appears I am too late but dont talk to the taxi drivers waiting like sharks right outside the terminal door. Begin walking to your right on the sidewalk that runs next to the exit lane Taxitas will stop after dropping of their fares and try to pick you up. During the daylight its a lot cheaper. I picked up a friend at the airport one night at near 1 am and headed to Calle de los pizzas and got a S./15 fare, no lie. You can also hang in the parking lot where people are getting dropped off and ask for a fare there. The guys are the door dont even bother with me anymore I just smile and walk right on by but you will get a good fare about 50 feet out the door. Taxi's are arriving every minute through the day. Outside the gate its not as easy but you can grab a bus if you know your way around. I only use buses when I have plenty of time on my hands or traveling on to specific places....

Buses are cheaper and safer. You're playing Russian roulette with taxi drivers. All kind of horror stories about how they work in tandem with a friend they call on a cell then proceed to rob you of everything. Even your eyeglasses (if you wear em).

Never had it happen in roughly 25 trips from the airport. I am normally on the lookout for those types of folks and have used private taxi's all over the city including the very bad parts of town mostly late at night. If you watch for taxi's dropping people off you most likely won't get involved in any shady deals. I do not recommend as I stated getting into any of the cars private or otherwise of drivers just standing around either in the parking lot or at the exit doors as those are the shady folks. I did take 1 shady taxi from the airport where I felt the need to be on guard but was not traveling alone that time either.

Buses are much cheaper and I use them mostly in the daytime or when traveling alone when I dont have more than my own fare. More travelers on a bus sometimes may equal the fare on a taxi.
Jeffe

http://mochilerosperu.wordpress.com
Peru Budget Travel and Review Blog
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:12 am

When arriving at Lima airport, I use Taxi Green. They aren't the cheapest ones but they have clean, new cars and drivers that drive safely.
I pay 50 soles to San Isidro.

Years ago, I was on a small budget so I ventured outside the airport perimeter and got a taxi on the street for 20 soles. I was lucky that I never got robbed but the taxis were filthy and the drivers didn't drive safely and took some shortcuts through dodgy areas to safe gas.
Johnexplo

Postby Johnexplo » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:14 am

That sounds about standard for a prearranged pickup. It is a good 40 to 60 minutes drive. Plus you are paying them to wait for you (note that some may up the fee if your flight is delayed).

If it matters to you, you might ask about the condition of the car used for pickup.

Green Taxi at the airport is an alternative.

Return to “Peru Travel Forum”

Login  •  Register