February 9 (2017) -- The RAINS ...

This is the spot for Peru travel tips and general queries about travel in Peru.

Moderator: ExpatPeruMods

SoNouveau

February 9 (2017) -- The RAINS ...

Postby SoNouveau » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:27 pm

So, BRIEFLY ... I'm living in Mexico right now. I have lived in Arequipa, Zorritos, and Cajamarca, though, over the past 6 years.

I fly into Lima on Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017. I've JUST become aware of the heavy rains and all the damage--and now the possibility of Dengue fever breaking out--in some select areas, anyway.

I was scheduled and/or had planned on living in Los Organos for 6 months. Being older, though, 69, I'm a bit concerned about the rains and the threat of Dengue. And the 7-day forecast for Mancora, say, is nothing but rain.

So I'm trying to formulate a Plan B. 'Living somewhere in Peru for at least 2 months until the rains let up a bit.

Any ideas for me? Somewhere smallish, somewhere I can just get to (LOL), etc. I travel with a loom and yarn and weave. I generally just take a small furnished apartment for 6 months at a time.

Are there any places I can sort of "escape" the rains? Not in total, but just .. you know--where it's raining a reasonable amount.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? ('Sounds pretty bad almost nationwide.) I was thinking of perhaps Celendin or Cajabamba. I've been to Cajabamba and like it a lot.

Return to “Peru Travel Forum”

Login  •  Register