Ica to the sierra

This is the spot for Peru travel tips and general queries about travel in Peru.

Moderators: ExpatPeruMods, Alan

Patepluma

Ica to the sierra

Postby Patepluma » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:53 am

Would anyone know if there are buses or colectivos that run from Ica (or Pisco) to Huancavelica or Ayacucho? I think the company Ccorybus and Oropresa might, but of course there isn't a schedule on their websites. Any experience with those companies? Are there collective cars on that route?

mrsteak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Ica to the sierra

Postby mrsteak » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:18 pm

I've looked one day at routes to Huancavelica with car and sections of the road had no asphalt cover. Maybe it has changed now idk. Moreover there seem to be no hotels on the route, once you leave the coast. Nothing I can find with google at least. And traveling into the blue is not really my thing.
SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SilverbackPeru » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:29 am

I wouldn't take what you see on google too seriously. There has been a rapid transformation in the road network before I left and many of the roads that were just mud tracks in the past are now fully tarmacked roads of a good standard. Obviously there might be some problems during the rainy season with mudslides, but it's the Andes and it's difficult for mankind to stop nature!
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:58 pm

I have driven to Ayacucho on the Libertador highway. Surfaces were just fine. Just be careful with the hairpin turns. Went to Huancavelica once by car from Huancayo 8 years ago. Road was brand new and perfect. Also went by bus from Lima to Ayacucho. I forget the line, but it stopped in Ica.

Return to “Peru Travel Forum”

Login  •  Register