POSITION: TRAVEL PLANNER / SALES CONSULTANT
More Information: Aracari, Peru's leading inbound luxury Travel Company, is hiring for a Travel Planner/Sales Consultant based in Lima, Peru. Immediate start. Compensation based on qualifications, prior experience and performance, preferably with a mainly commission-based structure.
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your CV and cover letter in English. Please quote TRAVEL PLANNER in the subject line of your application email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• Design, sell and implement authentic, tailor-made itineraries covering Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador to direct and agency clients from across the world.
• Use of travel planning software to generate proposals and quotations.
• Booking services and coordinating with suppliers to ensure services are perfectly well organized.
• Manage all the client’s travel requirements and act as the point of contact for clients travelling on the ground.
• Completed studies in Tourism and Marketing, Business and Sales Administration, Liberal Arts or related.
• Bachelor’s degree
• University title preferred (applicable to Peruvian candidates)
Experience and Skills:
• Fluent English (native an advantage) and Spanish, written and verbal
• Previous work experience in the Tourism Sector of no less than 2 years
• Previous sales and Customer Service experience of no less than 2 years
• Destination knowledge and travel experience in Peru (essential), Bolivia and the Galapagos (an advantage)
• Previous experience using TourPlan (an advantage)
• Proven understanding of the high-end travel market
• Passion for travel, culture, history, art, cuisine, nature, etc.
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong work ethic and drive with the ability to work under pressure
• Dynamism and Creativity
• Computer literate with competent numeracy skills
• Opportunities for travel
• Sales incentives: performance related bonuses
• Monday-Friday basis (no shift work)