I'm having problems with Langrow English School in Lima

Employers: Place your job description and contact details here.
Forum rules
Please do not post your services here - This forum is for job offers and searches.
darrenalexis

I'm having problems with Langrow English School in Lima

Postby darrenalexis » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:56 pm

Hi All,
I'm having big problems with Langrow English School in lima. Basically I've been teaching there for two months but they aren't paying me. Everytime I go to the accounts office they fob me off with yet another excuse and tell me to come back in 3 days. Has anybody else had problems with Langrow or any other school in Lima?

americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: I'm having problems with Langrow English School in Lima

Postby americorps » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:36 pm

Almost every teacher for every language institute has this problem.

The real answer is, there is little you can do without loosing your job, except be persistent and patient. It is why I quit the institute I was working for when I was an English teacher and started only taking private classes.

If you are here legally working, you can file a complaint with the ministry of labor and they will respond, but you will be terminated and possibly blackballed from other institutes.

If you are here working off the record, you have no rights, as you are illegal.

Here is a link to an ad for teachers at a small but reputable institute that I know will treat you better, should you qualify. Sorry and good luck.

http://www.livinginperu.com/classifieds ... fications/
terezzaa

Postby terezzaa » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:31 pm

Sorry to hear this but I'm not surprised because I also had a bad experience with Langrow that was pretty much identical to yours. They do indeed have a reputation for this and I know other ex teachers who had a lot of trouble getting paid. I know at least one teacher who never actually got paid because he was waiting so long that his visa expired and he had to leave Peru! If they are still doing this trick it's amazing that they are still in business! although I guess that by withholding money, they probably make a bit more cash on the side because eventually teachers just give up asking??

Do they also still enforce the compulsory "training" sessions?
JSeMa

Postby JSeMa » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:06 am

If you want to make some money make yourself some fliers and hand them out at busy intersections. Most districts wont let you do it, but if they catch you, the very worst they can do is to ask you to stop. Most youngsters in Lima are desperate to learn English. Start giving private lessons. take your students with you. Good luck.
Mrfantastik

Postby Mrfantastik » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:47 pm

Woww, I wish I read this earlier! I've been working for Langrow for 3 months and still haven't been paid looks like nothing has changed in the last 6 years!
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:26 pm

These guys have a good reputation: http://www.bl.com.pe/
callie

Postby callie » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:05 pm

sorry to hear all this, but unfortunately this problem is not only with teachers, langrow translations is also owing a big amount of money to several translators since 2015. The management talks to you whenever they want telling to they will pay you but nothing happens. They supposedly made "agreements" with the translators in order to pay them but its all a farce.

Return to “Jobs in Peru”

Login  •  Register