SALES REPS - COFFEE...

Employers: Place your job description and contact details here.
Forum rules
Please do not post your services here - This forum is for job offers and searches.
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

SALES REPS - COFFEE...

Postby Philipc4u59 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:41 pm

Thanks for looking at my position, offered to anyone who can meet these simple requirements:

1. Be knowledgeable about the product - coffee; I will teach you.
2. Have good inter-personal skills; actually "like" meeting people & solving their coffee needs.
3. Have good contacts with businesses & professional office owners & managers

4. Be able to keep good records & handle money; possibly depositing for me - at times (honest).
5. Good personal appearance & a "professional" persona; dress is business casual.
6. Subscribe to "the customer is ALWAYS right; even if they aren't"; 100% money back guarantees - no ???'s.

Unfortunately at this time, the business is in "start up" phase & positions are as Independent Contractors.
This is great if your spouse has benefits & you want to work only a set # of hours & only certain days - OK.
If you are willing to be "trainable" & desire potential above average compensation; all while enjoying your duties - this is a good position for your to explore.

This is the position for YOU!

I am anticipating new sales reps starting mid-September or at the latest October 01; pass the "word" along.
Let's have FUN & everybody earn a good living with the benefits of FREE coffee to your family!

Thanks again, for reading; any comments or suggestions are always appreciated & welcomed.

Yours for a profitable future,
Philip :roll:
PS - no need for a resume; just tell me where you are "in your life & your dreams" - currently.

Submit info & your dates of availability to "[email protected]"; you will receive a timely acknowledgement & we can discuss a personal interview & your trying my coffee.
Last edited by Philipc4u59 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: SALES REPS - COFFEE...

Postby Philipc4u59 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:08 am

My attorney tells me that "IC's" are perfectly legal in Peru; you just need to follow the rules of SUNAT.
I detest the "right to work" rules in the US & other countries; once an employee is hired, you need to go thru an expensive legal process to terminated them - even if you have "just cause".

It is the lazy person's way to have an income that is not earned & then demand a "severance compensation" for allowing you to fire them. What is wrong with this system; that's why the US is such a "litigous" society - if you pay an attorney enough money he/she will claim the sky is purple with polka-dots on your behalf.

I have taken law courses - night/weekend classes; I would never survive - as I am too ethical & honest.

sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:37 am

Phil, it would help if you acquainted yourself with Peruvian laws. Your knowledge of how the American labor system works doesn't apply in Peru.

With regards to the post Alpineprince added which is one of your prior comments, your assumptions in that one are not entirely accurate. You do have to submit tax & collect information as well as withhold AFP (retirement) from your IC's (depending on how much they make). This is why your knowledge of the American system has no bearing here.

Lastly and only trying to help, if you are selling coffee in Peru, I would imagine that being fluent in Spanish would be a main requirement? Are you going to pay a base salary to your IC's or is it purely commissioned? Will you reimburse travel expenses?
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Philipc4u59 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:17 am

FYI:

1. My attorney (not an accountant) did advise I had to follow the regs of SUNAT; I will certainly do that.
2. Read my post in "Jobs in Peru"; also, some compensation in the areas you mentioned will be considered.

I have found in trying to start two (2) other businesses here (as a silent partner); Peruvians are like "little children"; they want you to be responsible for them as a parent would be for a child. I seek to be a businessperson; not a mommy/daddy to people; I pay compensation "over & above" the "going rate" for salespeople & expect they can handle their expenses/finances w/o relying upon me.

This is not "set in stone"; but my real children are raised & I don't desire any more.
If this is an issue; they need to look elsewhere for a sales opportunity.

PS - what is the fair rate for an accountant - part time hours; can you refer anyone?
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Philipc4u59 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:51 am

Surprisingly, I have found that our "target market" - businesses & professional offices - all understand English!
My talents are best used in training & motivating a sales force; they need to be bi-lingual.
Not being fluent in Spanish is not the "problem" it could be in other businesses.

teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:15 am

Well, the obvious question everyone will want to know is what is the pay scale? What does the job pay? It it pays well I can refer it to some friends, if not then no.

Also, will you be terminating the low guy for sales each month (“4. The low guy for sales each month; is TERMINATED”) as per this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=22939
Last edited by teamoperu on Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:18 am

On the expat forum you said you are going to pay an above average wage. Can you outline what the minimum wage you will pay is going to be. I bet that will help you get a lot more candidates. The minimum wage is s/750 (or was in 2012) so 20% above that is roughly s/900 per month. Are you starting people in that range?

Lastly, how many offices did your business survey sample with regards to English fluency?

Peruvians are like "little children"; they want you to be responsible for them as a parent would be for a child.

Saying Peruvians are like "little children" might offend quite a few of the Peruvians I know that consider themselves and act like "adults". You may want to edit your post consider it shows insensitivity and lack of understanding towards the country and culture you are trying to work in. Just a suggestion.
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:03 am

Philipc4u59 wrote:FYI:

I have found in trying to start two (2) other businesses here (as a silent partner); Peruvians are like "little children"; they want you to be responsible for them as a parent would be for a child. I seek to be a businessperson; not a mommy/daddy to people; I pay compensation "over & above" the "going rate" for salespeople & expect they can handle their expenses/finances w/o relying upon me.

Not sure what you mean exactly, or to what situation you are referring to; if you mean the way our labour system Works, I agree it is a bit paternalistic, but it is not "Peruvians" as individuals, it's the Peruvian system.
Regards,

Argidd
Arroz con Pollo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Arroz con Pollo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:40 pm

Also, will you be terminating the low guy for sales each month (“4. The low guy for sales each month; is TERMINATED”) as per this thread?

Coffee is for closers!
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Philipc4u59 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:43 pm

To answer these questions (now that my JOBS In PERU post - has been reinstated:

1. My interview with prospective sales people will include other "consumer/food" products they have sold.
Coffee is extremely easy to represent/sell; give the customer a FREE SAMPLE & let them enjoy - NO RISK!

2. Unfortunately, coffee is not a single "high ticket" item, this has to be considered; the accounts I am seeking are businesses/professional offices that will order 10 bags a week @ 29.90 soles per bag - thus the commission will be based on a much higher amount than individual/personal sales.

3. The minimum wage is s/. 750 soles; but this is for a structured week of a certain # of hours; if you read my JOBS IN PERU post - I envision my "ideal candidate" as an Independent Contractor whose spouse has benefits. Aggressive people - not afraid to "engage potential customers"; will do very well - sales is not for everyone!

A. I firmly subscribe to "a contented/happy" worker is a productive worker/thus higher commissions.

4. I have given out over 100 FREE SAMPLES to select businesses/professional offices to determine what my competition is (probably negligible) & what the fair/market competitive pricing of a 250 g bag should be. Of all these surveys; EVERYONE replied they have a basic understanding of English - they all know what they like about a coffee product in the work place. COFFEE SELLS ITSELF by being of supreme freshness/quality/taste.

Thank you for your comments; any others will be answered in a timely basis,

PS - any employer/sales manager needs to determine a "compensation/wage" that their workers can enjoy the "good" things of life & provide for their families... You can make a nice profit & pay your workers - well!

PSS - as far as any independent contractor terminations; I need not & will not elaborate on proprietary matters; the bottom line is - if you are not lazy & put forth a genuine effort to succeed (following directions & suggestions - along with abiding by training guidelines) - THEY WILL HAVE A POSTION!!! No more on this!
Last edited by Philipc4u59 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:22 am

Sorry, I find your answering confusing so it is difficult to know to recommend the job to friends or not.
How much will they earn? It is an obvious question they will ask.

Reading between the lines it seems they will not be employees? Will not even earn a minimum wage? They will work on commission only? What is the commission they will earn? Is there a guaranteed base before commission? Are there deductions from the commission? What are the weekly hours expected? Do they need to have a separate company in order to contract from you?

Maybe not all of these questions have answers, but at least a sense of monetary return for their work is needed. More simply, how much will/can they earn?
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Philipc4u59 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:14 pm

I have had eleven (11) people submit resumes to my "[email protected]".
They all have had sales experience & I will use their "experiences" to determine my 20% - more commission.
I admit I don't know how much sales people make in Peru: but I will pay more to get the BEST people.

As I am not having Internet interviews until Sept. 15 (maybe Oct. 01); I haven't determined the rate yet.
I will also advertise in craigslist.org & possibly El Comercio; I need as much "feed back" as possible.
What do your possible referrals have to "lose" by signing up for an Internet sales chat - in 15-30 days?

I don't like to be "pressured" to do something; that I have plans to do in the very near future.
I hope you can appreciate my "position" as the person who has spent a lot of time & money - researching this.
Even in Peru; the "boss" still has the last word...

PS - I am very pleased with the response I have received from expatperu readers...
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:18 pm

You can post jobs in the el comercio online classifieds for free. I've found most of my employees through it.

Link: http://aptitus.clasificados.pe/
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Philipc4u59 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:16 am

Sbaustin,

That's G-R-E-A-T!!!
Ever think of running for President of Peru???

Fantastic poster,
seafoodguy

Postby seafoodguy » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:30 am

Dear Phillip
My name is David Valleau. I'm interested in your sales position concerning coffee. I have sales exp.
Sincerely, David Valleau

Return to “Jobs in Peru”

Login  •  Register