Globalteer is an international charity working with communities in developing countries in the areas of child care, education, sports and social services and with conservation and animal rescue projects.
We are now looking for a professional and enthusiastic team-player to fill the role of
Volunteer Development Coordinator
Based in Cusco, Peru on a salaried six-month contract
The Volunteer Development Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that Globalteer continues to recruit high volumes of appropriately qualified volunteers for our worldwide volunteer programmes. You will also undertake, various administration tasks and assist in supporting volunteers both in person, by phone and by e-mail. You will be the first point of contact for potential volunteers and will ensure that all incoming enquires and applications are dealt with appropriately and in a timely fashion. You will also maintain accurate and detailed records of all communications with prospective volunteers, and liaise with relevant team members in order to keep them up to date with the progress of volunteer applications and placements.
The successful candidate will be based in Cusco, Peru and will enjoy a competitive local salary and 15 days paid vacation for this contract. Working hours are 37.5 a week. This is a six-month contract.
Key role responsibilities
• Following up volunteer application for Globalteer projects worldwide by phone, e-mail and other appropriate means
• Answering e-mail and telephone enquiries and responding to volunteers
• Maintaining volunteer placement booking records
• Coordinating and supporting local volunteers in Cusco
• Calling potential volunteers to discuss their application
• Sending pre-arrival information to volunteers
• Pre- arrival Skype calls
• Liaising with other staff in multiple locations regarding prospective volunteers
• Background checking volunteers to ensure they are suitable to work with children
Person Specification – Essential
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
• Numerate, well organised and with excellent attention to detail
• Flexible team player with the energy and enthusiasm required to work in the charity sector
• An understanding of volunteering and the role it plays in international development
• A commitment to Globalteer’s Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy
Person Specification - Desirable
• Understanding of customer relationship management
• Experience of working in a sales environment
• Experience of working in a customer service-driven organisation
• Experience of working with people of all nationalities, ages and backgrounds
• Recent travel experience in SE Asia and/or Latin America
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit a one page cover letter outlining why you are applying and what you think you can bring to the role, and a detailed CV/Resume to: [email protected]
Closing date of applications: 5pm GMT, Wednesday 9th May 2018.
Preferred start date 4th June 2018
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applicants who have not heard from Globalteer before 29th May 2018 have not been successful in their application. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview either in person or by Skype. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a background check due to the nature of our work with children.
Globalteer is a registered Charity in England and Wales number 1119706. Website: www.globalteer.org