Globalteer is an international charity working with communities in developing countries in the areas of child care, education, sports and social services and with conservation and animal rescue projects.
We are now looking for a professional and enthusiastic team-player to fill the role of Project Coordinator
Based in Cusco, Peru
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for oversight and financial management of Globalteer’s afterschool project, Picaflor House. The role includes teaching English for 8 hours per week. Picaflor House has a Peruvian day manager and includes a kindergarten, lunch program and classes in arts, English, music, dance and mathematics for 60 children from 2-5pm Monday to Friday.
The successful candidate will be based in Cusco, Peru and will enjoy a competitive local salary, 30 days paid vacation a year. Working hours are 37.5 a week.
Key role responsibilities
• Project management of Globalteer’s after school project – Picaflor House.
• Teaching English for beginners up to intermediate students aged 6-14
• Engaging new and existing donors such as guests and volunteers, trusts, foundations and company prospects to meet financial goals.
• Financial management of Picaflor House after school project.
• Ensuring volunteer program alignment.
• Curriculum oversight to ensure alignment with Globalteer standards and to support volunteer program.
• Managing Picaflor House’s social media.
• Produce annual reports & newsletters.
• Follow up on donor and guest experience, always looking to inspire guests to become donors.
• Other duties as assigned in support of Globalteer’s charitable objectives.
Person Specification – Essential
• Native or fluent written and spoken English with excellent grammar and spelling
• Teaching experience
• Project and staff management experience
• Spanish language skills
• Flexible team player with the energy and enthusiasm required to work in the charity sector
• A commitment to Globalteer’s Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy
Person Specification - Desirable
• A background in international development or other charity work
• Fundraising experience
• Experience in Latin America
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit a one-page cover letter outlining why you are applying and what you think you can bring to the role, and a detailed CV/Resume to: email@example.com
Closing date of applications: 5pm GMT, Sunday 15th July 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applicants who have not heard from Globalteer before 15th August 2018 have not been successful in their application. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview either in person or by Skype. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a background check due to the nature of our work with children.
Globalteer is a registered Charity in England and Wales number 1119706. Website: http://www.globalteer.org