Electrical Mechanical Engineer looking for job anywhere in Peru

Employers: Place your job description and contact details here.

Moderator: Alan

Forum rules
Please do not post your services here - This forum is for job offers and searches.
williamturnerperu

Electrical Mechanical Engineer looking for job anywhere in Peru

Postby williamturnerperu » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:55 pm

Hello all,

I'm currently in Peru and wish to find a job ASAP. I am a very talented young electrical mechanical engineer and have a decent amount of experience. I can be anywhere to start pretty quickly, even to remote places. I have a lot of experience traveling to remote places that most likely never see a tourist. I travel solo on my motorcycle. My experience comes working for a machine builder company called southern machine services based out of Landrum South Carolina USA. Their website is http://www.southernmachineservices.com/ I have been doing all the controls for the company for a few years. I do the following make schematics, program the PLC, HMI, VFD's, Ect. and install & debug the system. I also play a role in finding the best base concept for the machine we build. The main barrier I have in finding a job in Peru is that I do not speak Spanish but my translator on my phone does very well at aiding me in communicating with people. I also have a Peruvian fiance that is very good ad translating she translates my important emails.

I am an extremely hard worker and I'm used to working 12 hr days. I love Peru so much and want to contribute to Peruvian society. I hope someone gives me a chance.

To see my resume and see the details of exactly what I can do please E-mail me at william@southernmachineservices.com or PM me.

Thanks for reading,
William Turner

jumpinjack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Electrical Mechanical Engineer looking for job anywhere in Peru

Postby jumpinjack » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Besides being ignorant of Spanish, can you legally work in Peru? You need a CE or citizenship.
Are your skills on par with Peruvian standards?
Good luck and I hope you carry a spare battery for the cell phone translator machine.
Slippin' Jimmy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:24 pm

Why even try to make a go of it in Peru?
Marry your woman. Get her a visa. Go make bank in Carolina.
Live happily ever after.
End of story.
williamturnerperu

Postby williamturnerperu » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:15 am

jumpinjack wrote:Besides being ignorant of Spanish, can you legally work in Peru? You need a CE or citizenship.
Are your skills on par with Peruvian standards?
Good luck and I hope you carry a spare battery for the cell phone translator machine.

1. No citizenship or work permit, I will need to get sponsored or get paid under the table. However, I am thinking its possible to enroll in a school to get temporary residency and a permit to work.

2. I am unsure of what you mean by this. I am very professional and make all my panels within NEC/ANSI/NFPA 70 making sure everything has the correct SCCR (Short Circuit Current Rating) I'm pretty sure Peru uses the same standards. If you mean cutting corners to make things cheap like for example using mini circuit breakers instead of the propper MCCB (molded case circuit breaker) to power a VFD (variable frequency drive) branch circuit I can if the employer would like me to but I would recommend against it. I understand that a lot of smaller companies in Peru don't care as much about standards as most companies in the USA do. I know how to do it right and do it right unless told otherwise.

3. I can cobble up a few words to get directions, ask for help & etc.
Last edited by williamturnerperu on Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
williamturnerperu

Postby williamturnerperu » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:29 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Why even try to make a go of it in Peru?
Marry your woman. Get her a visa. Go make bank in Carolina.
Live happily ever after.
End of story.

There should be plenty of money in Peru for people with experience like me, at least I would think so, but I'm no expert. I love Peru really don't want to leave I have the best family here and a motorcycle trip in the USA doesn't even compare to ANY motorcycle trip in the Peru!
Last edited by williamturnerperu on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
williamturnerperu

Postby williamturnerperu » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:37 am

Also, any referrals to where I can post my resume are greatly appreciated!!!
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:02 pm

williamturnerperu wrote: .. here doesn't even compare to ANY motorcycle trip in the USA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trazyYfT9F8

Return to “Jobs in Peru”

Login  •  Register