Reputable Agency for Nannies?

Employers: Place your job description and contact details here.
Forum rules
Please do not post your services here - This forum is for job offers and searches.
MN2Peru

Reputable Agency for Nannies?

Postby MN2Peru » Mon May 20, 2019 9:22 pm

Hi everyone,
If insights could be offered on the most reputable agencies/individuals for finding nannies in Lima, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance :-)

Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Reputable Agency for Nannies?

Postby Alan » Tue May 21, 2019 9:39 am

Hi,

It's tough to recommend an agency for nannies! The only time we used an agency (for a housekeeper, not a nanny) we discovered that she was not who she said she was, and was an unstable, possibly dangerous, person. The agency had done zero due dilligence. Most Peruvians use their networks of friends and family to find trustworthy people, so my recommendation to you is to exhaust all the possibilities of getting a personal recommendation first. Maybe somebody at your job can recommend, or a neighbor you trust..

Now, having said all that, I wanted to share something I learned about just last night. There is a website called workaway.info which provides kids from all over the world an opportunity to work in foreign countries in exchange for room and board (and overall good treatment). Sometimes they are also paid. They do all kinds of volunteer work, and basically just want a cheap way to live in a new country. Very cool.

Now, I noticed that there are people who post there for nannies too, so you might want to look into this, since you get the added advantage of having a nanny who can speak to your kid in English (or another language), if that is of interest to you. Anyway, I am just putting it out there. It might be worth a look into.

Good luck!
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Tue May 21, 2019 11:14 am

Alan wrote:Hi,

It's tough to recommend an agency for nannies! The only time we used an agency (for a housekeeper, not a nanny) we discovered that she was not who she said she was, and was an unstable, possibly dangerous, person. The agency had done zero due dilligence. Most Peruvians use their networks of friends and family to find trustworthy people, so my recommendation to you is to exhaust all the possibilities of getting a personal recommendation first. Maybe somebody at your job can recommend, or a neighbor you trust..

Now, having said all that, I wanted to share something I learned about just last night. There is a website called workaway.info which provides kids from all over the world an opportunity to work in foreign countries in exchange for room and board (and overall good treatment). Sometimes they are also paid. They do all kinds of volunteer work, and basically just want a cheap way to live in a new country. Very cool.

Now, I noticed that there are people who post there for nannies too, so you might want to look into this, since you get the added advantage of having a nanny who can speak to your kid in English (or another language), if that is of interest to you. Anyway, I am just putting it out there. It might be worth a look into.

Good luck!

Hi,
Be careful, this could be construed as human trafficking.
Last edited by 69roadrunner on Tue May 21, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Tue May 21, 2019 1:43 pm

I suppose so, but it's a bit of a stretch. The website is pretty solid, with tons of first hand references and related experiences and reviews.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Tue May 21, 2019 4:32 pm

Alan wrote:I suppose so, but it's a bit of a stretch. The website is pretty solid, with tons of first hand references and related experiences and reviews.

Here is a pretty solid website
The biggest disadvantage to Workaway is you don’t always get what you signed up for. Profiles can be falsified or lacking, circumstances can change and some hosts might just be looking for free labor.

https://skyetravels.com/workaway/
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Tue May 21, 2019 8:17 pm

69roadrunner wrote:
Alan wrote:I suppose so, but it's a bit of a stretch. The website is pretty solid, with tons of first hand references and related experiences and reviews.

Here is a pretty solid website
The biggest disadvantage to Workaway is you don’t always get what you signed up for. Profiles can be falsified or lacking, circumstances can change and some hosts might just be looking for free labor.

https://skyetravels.com/workaway/

Interesting blog post. Still, he says much more good than bad about the program. Important to be vigilant though and to do the research.

Return to “Jobs in Peru”

Login  •  Register