University Jobs...

Employers: Place your job description and contact details here.
Forum rules
Please do not post your services here - This forum is for job offers and searches.
billybob72
Silver Member
Silver Member

University Jobs...

Postby billybob72 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:11 am

I live and work in China teaching English. I am about to get my Peruvian DNI - what is the best way to approach universities here in Lima? There are a lot of universities in the city but is it about going to the language departments of the university and handing out CV's or does an actual vacancy have to come up before you can apply?

I have a related degree and masters degree from a British university. Thanks tons for any relevant info. :D

Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: University Jobs...

Postby Alan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:29 am

These universities all have HR departments. First thing would be to send a resume and follow up with a phone call. Consider the location of the University, vis-a-vis where you will live. Note that universities, La Catolica and El Pacifico come to mind, have a separate entity that handles their English language programs, which they offer to people at large - not just their own students -, so they would have a separate HR department.
Those two would be a good place to start.

Also, broaden your scope and maybe apply to high schools, concentrating on those offering the IB program. There is a complete list here
https://www.expatperu.com/international ... lima-peru/

Cheers.
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:25 pm

Good info Alan.
Keep up the great work!
billybob72
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby billybob72 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:15 pm

Alan wrote:These universities all have HR departments. First thing would be to send a resume and follow up with a phone call. Consider the location of the University, vis-a-vis where you will live. Note that universities, La Catolica and El Pacifico come to mind, have a separate entity that handles their English language programs, which they offer to people at large - not just their own students -, so they would have a separate HR department.
Those two would be a good place to start.

Also, broaden your scope and maybe apply to high schools, concentrating on those offering the IB program. There is a complete list here
https://www.expatperu.com/international ... lima-peru/

Cheers.

Thanks! I will be looking to live around Magdalena or San Miguel so those would be more than accessible from my pad!
billybob72
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby billybob72 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:15 pm

woodchuck wrote:Good info Alan.
Keep up the great work!

Indeed! An invaluable source on this forums!

Return to “Jobs in Peru”

Login  •  Register