Peru Presidential Election

Share and discuss news about Peru.

Moderators: ExpatPeruMods, Alan

gringolandia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Peru Presidential Election

Postby gringolandia » Tue May 03, 2016 7:36 pm

misty wrote:Thereby slandering and accusing the other distinguished candidates have no democratic values? I think that is an outrageous accusation in a democratic country.

False, as already explained. The only one slandering anyone is you.

I'm beginning to see why, in another thread, you said you have no friends.

If you want only specific people to reply, then send them a private message instead.

misty

Postby misty » Tue May 03, 2016 7:52 pm

Wrong. I never said I wanted only certain people to answer, I only think the courteous thing to do is to wait until the person the question is directed at to answer then others can weigh in but give Alan a chance to respond. Alan made a statement in the open forum and I think it is only fair I ask for him to clarify in an open forum. He put other candidates in a bad light as not favoring democratic values, they deserve an apology.
gringolandia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringolandia » Tue May 03, 2016 8:51 pm

:roll:
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Wed May 04, 2016 9:08 am

tomsax wrote:
misty wrote:Ok I think I got it, you are now saying the other candidates do have democratic vales. Do I have that right?

This is rather too obvious wilful misunderstanding.

Yup. I'm sensing something that shouldn't be fed. :roll:

Saying 'Rosa is a pretty girl' does not equate to saying, accusing, or even implying that 'all girls other than Rosa are not pretty.' Any math teacher could tell you that. lol.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Wed May 04, 2016 9:51 am

Misty is a duplicate account and clearly set up to troll the board. The account has been deleted.
hatchepsut
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby hatchepsut » Fri May 06, 2016 1:18 pm

Kuczynski sounds like a nice guy but I think he's too old.
Why should he still have a job at his age? Especially a job as president.
Most people in the world don't get that old as him. He should enjoy the little time he has left.

Keiko is still young and still far away from retirement age so she's entitled to a job.
She can also bring a fresh approach to the country. She can modernize the country.
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Sat May 07, 2016 8:29 am

With age comes - experience & wisdom!
Many countries have had presidents in the 70's & flourished under their leadership.
If anything, Keiko has a - lack of experience/wisdom which is worrisome. :roll:
hatchepsut
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby hatchepsut » Sat May 07, 2016 3:33 pm

woodchuck wrote:With age comes - experience & wisdom!
Many countries have had presidents in the 70's & flourished under their leadership.
If anything, Keiko has a - lack of experience/wisdom which is worrisome. :roll:

I think the less experience in politics the better. No experience in politics is even better. People don't like and don't trust politicians.

That's why Donald Trump is so popular. He isn't a politician and he hates politicians.
caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby caliguy » Sat May 07, 2016 5:47 pm

hatchepsut wrote:
I think the less experience in politics the better. No experience in politics is even better. People don't like and don't trust politicians.

That's why Donald Trump is so popular. He isn't a politician and he hates politicians.

i agree with the new guy/gal. if i know my Peruanos, Keiko will be the next president.
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Sat May 07, 2016 8:48 pm

I'm as concerned, if not more, about the non-politicians behind the scenes who are the real power as I am the politicians whose names are on the ballot. In Keiko's case she just seems to be a public face (and name) for the party, which I'm thinking is staffed with plenty of politicians and others with power from her father's administration - I can't help but think she's like George W. Bush relying on his father's people to tell him what to do. Even if she has her own people behind the scenes not affiliated with her father, I also can't help but think it's these people she relies upon, who make the decisions, and ultimately hold the real power behind the throne.

Anyone running for President, be it Keiko or Trump, is a politician. Whether it's a politician or a so called "non politician" holding the office they've run for and won, it's the office holder I don't trust.

No matter who you vote for, The Government always gets in.
hatchepsut
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby hatchepsut » Sun May 08, 2016 4:27 am

I am going to sell my house but my gf told me to wait till after the elections.
She told me that any time there's a new president, prices go up. (And wages only rise marginally).

Return to “Peru News and Views”

Login  •  Register