Looking for 2 single mattresses

Post your items for sale here. Use a clear, descriptive subject line, and please consult our "Rules and Advice" before agreeing to meet a buyer or a seller. Take precautions.
nazza_83

Looking for 2 single mattresses

Postby nazza_83 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:36 am

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone is selling 2 single mattresses (in good condition) or if anybody knows where I can purchase inexpensive mattresses (reasonable quality).

Thanks

Kelly

Re: Looking for 2 single mattresses

Postby Kelly » Mon May 23, 2011 2:29 pm

If you're in Lima, I'd recommend going to Plaza Hogar on Angamos Este to buy mattresses.

You can find them cheaper in El Villa Salvador, buying directly from the factory, but transportation back to Lima would probably eat up most of your cost savings.
nazza_83

Postby nazza_83 » Mon May 23, 2011 3:50 pm

Kelly-thanks so much for your reply. I appreciate it alot.
euroman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby euroman » Mon May 23, 2011 8:57 pm

Kelly wrote:You can find them cheaper in El Villa Salvador, buying directly from the factory, but transportation back to Lima would probably eat up most of your cost savings.

After you negotiated the price, ask for free transportation. If they say no, then walk off. Sure, they will run behind you and offer free transportation.

I bought a lot of furniture in Villa El Salvador and got free transportation to San Miguel.
nazza_83

Postby nazza_83 » Mon May 23, 2011 11:01 pm

Haha :) Thanks euroman. Appreciate your thoughts. Great to have a couple of options.
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Mon May 23, 2011 11:05 pm

I'd say if they're willing to pay the 50 soles for a truck back to the city, you should have negotiated a lower price on the mattresses to start with.
markr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby markr » Tue May 24, 2011 1:51 am

There is no such thing as free transportation to or from anywhere, in the same way there is no such thing as a free carrier bag from a supermarket. Somewhere along the line you will be paying through the nose for it. As Kelly said, if you are offered "free transportation" you've payed too much in the first place.
If you are going to Villa Salvador I would suggest that you negotiate an hourly rate with a local taxi in Lima. Last time I was quoted such a price, the driver wanted 20 Soles per hour in San Miguel. Allow for three hours/ 60 Soles, and with that in mind negotiate accordingly.
You will obviously stand a much better chance of getting a good price if you are, or are with, a Peruvian.
euroman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby euroman » Wed May 25, 2011 7:22 pm

markr wrote:There is no such thing as free transportation to or from anywhere, in the same way there is no such thing as a free carrier bag from a supermarket. Somewhere along the line you will be paying through the nose for it. As Kelly said, if you are offered "free transportation" you've payed too much in the first place.
If you are going to Villa Salvador I would suggest that you negotiate an hourly rate with a local taxi in Lima. Last time I was quoted such a price, the driver wanted 20 Soles per hour in San Miguel. Allow for three hours/ 60 Soles, and with that in mind negotiate accordingly.
You will obviously stand a much better chance of getting a good price if you are, or are with, a Peruvian.

You first have to negotiate about the price of the furniture or other things you want to buy. After you agreed the price, you ask for free transportation.
If you started mentioning transportation from the beginning, then of course the seller will think about quoting a price a bit higher to give you the ''free transportation''.

I do it all the time and when they say no...I simply walk off and they always came running behind me to give the transportation. Sellers prefers to make a little less profit rather than nothing at all.
nazza_83

Postby nazza_83 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:10 am

Hey Kelly,

Another question:) How much should I expect to pay for a reasonably-good quality mattress at plaza hogar? I figure it's always good to go with a number in mind:)

Thanks in advance,

Narelle

Return to “Buy & Sell”

Login  •  Register