Apartment in San Borja

Post your items for sale here. Use a clear, descriptive subject line, and please consult our "Rules and Advice" before agreeing to meet a buyer or a seller. Take precautions.

Moderator: Alan

captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Apartment in San Borja

Postby captcosmic » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:02 am

A very nice bright first floor apartment for sale in San Borja. Here is the website with all the details. It even has two parking spaces with 24 hour security on the premises! PM or use the number provided!

https://urbania.pe/inmueble/venta-de-de ... or-4080203

captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Apartment in San Borja

Postby captcosmic » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:48 pm

captcosmic wrote:A very nice bright first floor apartment for sale in San Borja. Here is the website with all the details. It even has two parking spaces with 24 hour security on the premises! PM or use the number provided!

https://urbania.pe/inmueble/venta-de-de ... or-4080203

Sold!! :D :D
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:59 pm

Congratulations!!

Can you share some insight on the process?
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:06 pm

Of course!

We tried initially with a real estate agent. In the beginning they made appointments for a showing they did not keep, and made promises to take quality pictures and post on the ReMax website. Of course they did not do that either. After no response from emails or calls, we dropped them and moved on to advertising ourselves. We posted in Urbania and the Sunday paper. I think we had more action from the newspaper than anything. We also put a sign in the window which got some showings. We had several people wanting to buy it, but with bank loans. The bank had a long list of items needed to get the loan approved. My wife was not used to this, so it was kind of a pain. If you can, go ask a bank what kind of papers you need to get a house sold and do that head of time, unless there are expiration dates like a lot of things in Peru. There were three people who wanted the place. All of them were in different stages for getting a loan approved. My thoughts were first in with the money gets the place and that is how it played out. My wife had a lawyer she has always used and that made the process go easier since our buyer was a total novice. He accepted her advice, which made things easy. I believe the bank required the apartment to be singed over within 30 days of the appraisal, or the process starts again. There is a gringo tax to take the money out of Peru, but we had good advice from the lawyer on how to avoid that problem, since my wife is a Peruvian. It also applies if you are Peruvian living in the exterior. Good advice is worth it in these matters. Any one have any questions you can chime in or PM me. Like most things in Peru it was not easy, but she got it done! Cheers.

Return to “Buy & Sell”

Login  •  Register