starting a dance studio

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
sarita
Gold Member
Gold Member

starting a dance studio

Postby sarita » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:54 pm

I am thinking of beginning a dance studio but im clueless as to how much the things I need for it cost or where I can get them. I'm looking for mirrors that go at least 6 feet tall on the wall and to cover almost an entire wall. I am also looking for leotards, tights, tutus, and dance shoes. Help please!!!

Ron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: starting a dance studio

Postby Ron » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:57 am

I will ask my wife for you. She used to dance with the National Ballet in Peru.
mckenzie

Postby mckenzie » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:52 pm

You could try contacting a few shopfitting company's and ask them for quotes, or try and find out where they get there supplies from, if you can deal direct with a factory you may get a nice discount.
Small buissness advisors should be able to help too, you may be eligable for some sort of grant for equipment. if all else fails try looking through classified adverts for buissness for sale and ask if they have anything you may be able to buy cheaply from them.

Hope some of this helps.

Goo luck.
Arroz con Pollo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Arroz con Pollo » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:50 pm

For the clothing you can find a couple of stores in Polvos Rosados. They sell fitness clothes and leotards and ballet shoes for children and possibly for adults as well. Near Barranco across from the Reyes Rojos elementary school on the corner there is a place that sells any size mirror. You just tell them what size you need. My girlfriend can ask as she is in various classes and is in contact with people who know these things. Good luck. In what district of Lima do you plan to purchase? Do you live in Miraflores?
americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby americorps » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:43 am

There are several glass/mirror companies in San Borja on cuadras 38-39-40 of San Luis, just off Angamos.

I got a 6 foot by 3 foot mirror there for under 100 Soles, framed, in thick plate. I could have spent less for thinner glass, but wanted soemthing more sturdy.

They custom cut and frame.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Sarita,

I have contracted the services of Vidreria Santa Lucia, located in Surquillo, more times than I can count. Not the cheapest.. but reliable. 447-2200. Speak with Gloria.

Alan
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:00 pm

We use Myasato, they are one of the most famous in Lima, and we asked offers from several companies for shower windows, and they came up cheapest. Also we use a company in Av Mexico, some 3 blocks of the Via Expresa on the right hand side. It is a wholesale company who has a whole almacen full with glass and mirrors and aluminium. Ask prices in several companies. In Av. Mexico there are several.
ConsultUSPeru
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby ConsultUSPeru » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:02 pm

fannie,

Let me know if we can help in any way. Our daughter would be thrilled to be one of your 1st students & I have a feeling it would be a great success if you can get it "off the ground"!! Cheers!

shannon abad

Owner - CONSULTUSPERU

511-99 796 5885 | SKYPE consultusperu_sabad

Email: [email protected]

CONSULTING SERVICES
eve81
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby eve81 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:24 am

hi,

Iam from england and moving to peru in 6 weeks. I just did my TEFL course so i an teach english, but i am a dancer/teacher and would like to teach dance, eg. ballet tap, madern jazz street. Wondered if this studio was up and running at all.

Thanks Eve

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register