Payments can now be received through Peru paypal account

This is a place for people who are operating a business in Peru, or who are planning on starting one.

Moderator: sbaustin

FHCZ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Payments can now be received through Peru paypal account

Postby FHCZ » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:16 am

Since august 24, payments can now be received through paypal account in Peru

the news (spanish)

http://www.peru.com/economiayfinanzas/portada20100826/114779/Cuentas-de-Paypal-en-Peru-ya-permiten-recibir-pagos

Fausto

Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Payments can now be received through Peru paypal account

Postby Alan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:10 am

That is really great news on many, many levels, though unfortunately for many, the requirement to have a bank account in the USA in order to withdraw the cash (according to the article) will still be a barrier to taking full advantage of the systen.
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:29 am

It'll save me a bit of money each month, I've been sending the money to my bank in the US then using Xoom to transfer it to Interbank. Great that I can send it straight here and skip that step.
scott
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby scott » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:13 pm

I have both a US and Peruvian PayPal account. Unless my Peruvian PayPal account is missing something, like the article states, the funds can only go to a US based account. There is NO option in your PayPal account to setup anything other than a US bank account.

So I will keep on Xooming, lol.
Visit my blog: http://www.saboraselva.com
Life in the Peruvian Amazon...
Remigius
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Remigius » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:56 pm

You cannot withdraw your money to a Peruvian bank account.
stuart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby stuart » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:48 pm

The new policy simply means Peruvians are allowed to use PayPal - before with a Peruvian address and bank account you just were not allowed to receive money at all. You can now however receive money and transfer it to a US bank account, pretty much suiting some expats but no-one else.

Just yesterday though, I was told by a client that HSBC provides some kind of new service which allows people to receive money in Peru from their PayPal account, they wanted me to look into this but I haven't had time. If anyone wants to look into this before I can, please go ahead and report back! I've heard other good things about HSBC before that I haven't looked into, such as depositing cash into your Peruvian account from London and receiving it instantly. No idea if this is true or not.
Remigius
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Remigius » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:51 pm

I heard that with HSBC you can open an account anywhere in the world and have free access to it from any HSBC agency. Perhaps one could open a HSBC account in London and attach that account to PayPal for withdrawal and access that account from an HSBC agency in Peru.
Remigius
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Remigius » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Alan wrote:That is really great news on many, many levels, though unfortunately for many, the requirement to have a bank account in the USA in order to withdraw the cash (according to the article) will still be a barrier to taking full advantage of the systen.

Open a Bank of America account. Assign that account to PayPal. Withdraw the money from PayPal to BoA and use the ATM of Scotiabank to get the funds in Lima for free.
stuart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby stuart » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:00 pm

Remigius wrote:I heard that with HSBC you can open an account anywhere in the world and have free access to it from any HSBC agency. Perhaps one could open a HSBC account in London and attach that account to PayPal for withdrawal and access that account from an HSBC agency in Peru.

Or perhaps you can open a HSBC account in Lima and connect it to PayPal via London.
Remigius
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Remigius » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:07 am

https://www.paypal.com/worldwide/

Peru: Send. Receive. Withdraw to a U.S. Bank Account.

Sounds more like opening a HSBC account in the US and manage it via HSBC Peru.
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Pagum is the system in Peru to pay via internet, if you have a Peruvian ACCOUNT.

https://www.pagum.com/Spanish/index.asp
craig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby craig » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:09 pm

tupacperu wrote:Pagum is the system in Peru to pay via internet, if you have a Peruvian ACCOUNT.

Unfortunately, the Pagum system is mostly shut down nowdays. It niether allows transfers between accounts anymore nor accepts new customers now. This is probably as a result of having attracted too many scammers.

Craig
--
It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself. -- Thomas Jefferson
american_in_lima
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby american_in_lima » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:19 am

For payments in Peru, I have gotten used to making online payments online or via text with my cell phone from my BCP account to someone's bank account. It is very easy, and to me at least for Peru, is easier than Paypal.

Paypal is great in the states, where you don't have to meet the person face to face to buy something used like you would here in Peru.

For services in the states, Paypal works great, but here it is as easy as making that online bank deposit.

My newest thing that I love with BCP is their Cell Banking where you can make bank payments to other BCP accounts with your cell phone. I can also check latest movements and balances for both my Soles and US Dollars account. I have a list of 10 people that I always need to pay monthly (parking, office rent, cleaning services, storage facilities, etc). It works great. I can be at a cafe and make my payments with my telephone instead of going online or waiting at the bank. For example, I was out of the house and the woman that helps us around the house called me to let me know that there wasn't any detergent left. Right there, I was able to send BCP a text to send her S/. 20.

Any service for free that makes my life easier....Bienvenido!
Regards,

George
rama0929
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rama0929 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:28 am

Remigius wrote:I heard that with HSBC you can open an account anywhere in the world and have free access to it from any HSBC agency. Perhaps one could open a HSBC account in London and attach that account to PayPal for withdrawal and access that account from an HSBC agency in Peru.

I have an HSBC account, and I am able to use ATM's in Peru and Japan. I have been hit with fees, I don't remember how much they were.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:18 am

I went through the process yesterday and set up a business account. It was very straight forward and there were remarkably few questions asked about the business, such as RUC, but you need to give a business and home address. Then, provide a credit card number in order to lift the withdrawal limits.

As mentioned in previous posts, you do need an account in the USA in order to withdraw money.
Remigius
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Remigius » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:06 pm

Alan wrote:As mentioned in previous posts, you do need an account in the USA in order to withdraw money.

This is a complete list.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Remigius wrote:
Alan wrote:As mentioned in previous posts, you do need an account in the USA in order to withdraw money.

This is a complete list.

No. If you open an account in Peru, you only have the option of withdrawing through a US bank account.

Alan
Remigius
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Remigius » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:15 pm

Alan wrote:
Remigius wrote:

This is a complete list.

No. If you open an account in Peru, you only have the option of withdrawing through a US bank account.

Alan

Yes, I already know. It's in the list I mentioned :-)
meggyrosey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby meggyrosey » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:57 pm

has anyone used paypal from Peru to send money to the US? I tried linking my Scotiabank to my Peru Paypal and no go....any tips?
scott
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby scott » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:53 pm

meggyrosey wrote:has anyone used paypal from Peru to send money to the US? I tried linking my Scotiabank to my Peru Paypal and no go....any tips?

You can make payments in Peru, but only send money to a US account.
Xibalba

Postby Xibalba » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:10 pm

scott wrote:
meggyrosey wrote:has anyone used paypal from Peru to send money to the US? I tried linking my Scotiabank to my Peru Paypal and no go....any tips?

You can make payments in Peru, but only send money to a US account.

I know the guy who invented PayPal and asked him if I could get all money transferred through PayPal sent specifically to *MY* US account.

He said no.

Another get-rich-quick scheme shot down. Good thing I gave up material possessions.
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:21 pm

I have a Paypal business account in the States and have always used my Debit Card to get cash in Peru. It works well in Interbank and bcp. Used to be $300.00 a pop at interbank with a $1.10 fee but has since been dropped to $200.00 per transaction.
meggyrosey
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby meggyrosey » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:43 am

How can you make payments through the Peru account to the US? I know this sounds super ignorant...I went through the steps and called the help line on Paypal but they do not let me link my Scotia account to make the payments to the US...Have you been successful sending money to the US? If so...how?? haha I guess I'm slightly clueless with these things...I'm really just trying to avoid the extreme transfer fees doing it through the bank
scott
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby scott » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:09 pm

meggyrosey wrote:How can you make payments through the Peru account to the US? I know this sounds super ignorant...I went through the steps and called the help line on Paypal but they do not let me link my Scotia account to make the payments to the US...Have you been successful sending money to the US? If so...how?? haha I guess I'm slightly clueless with these things...I'm really just trying to avoid the extreme transfer fees doing it through the bank

You link your Peruvian Debit and/or Credit card to your Peruvian paypal account... not your bank account, that allows you to make payments worldwide. Sounds like a problem with Scotiabank, I had a problem with my bank here and had to get them to unblock it to allow it to be linked to paypal.
Jalapenomel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Jalapenomel » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:15 pm

So are you saying that I can transfer money from my Peruvian bank account to peruvian paypal and then on to my US paypal account?
iero1973

Postby iero1973 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Hello,

I know this is an old post but I have been reading an article from a web design company stating that you can withdraw money directly from paypal to a Interbank personal account in US dollars of course, this is the link http://paginasweb.pe/ecommerce/retirar-fondos-en-peru-de-paypal-a-interbank/, also, there is a difference between an account opened in the states vs the same in Peru, they capture the IP from you are registering the account, so the commisions are way different, hope it help somebody interested
paypalperu

Postby paypalperu » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:02 pm

para recargar saldo paypal en peru de manera segura recomiendo el servicio de http://donderecargar.com/ es muy facil de usar

Return to “Focus on Business”

Login  •  Register