Need advice on shipping to Peru

This is a place for people who are operating a business in Peru, or who are planning on starting one.

Moderator: sbaustin

jaime17

Need advice on shipping to Peru

Postby jaime17 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 am

My Peruvian husband and I want to send cell phones to my Peruvian brother-in-law for him to sell in his cell phone business. We will be starting with a small quantity of maybe 20-30 phones and gradually working up to more. What is the best way to send these phones? What should I expect to pay in taxes when these items arrive in Peru? If anyone has any advice for a newbie I would be very grateful!!

Alejandro
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Need advice on shipping to Peru

Postby Alejandro » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:43 am

There is a process called "Homologation" which in this case implies that the Ministry of Transport and Communications certifies that certain manufacturer/model of any communication equipment meets peruvian standards. Any equipment connecting to a public network needs to be approved.

If you want to import cell phones for commercial purposes (more than 3 units) you must previously verify that your phones are homologated otherwise the import will not be permitted.

Regarding the import process itself, you will have to pay import tax and IGV (VAT), I suggest your brother in law contacts a custom agent for professional advice.

Good Luck

Alejandro
PTTurboe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Need advice on shipping to Peru

Postby PTTurboe » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Yes, get an Agency you can trust....

Return to “Focus on Business”

Login  •  Register