Rental properties tax questions...

This is a place for people who are operating a business in Peru, or who are planning on starting one.

Moderator: sbaustin

chuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rental properties tax questions...

Postby chuck » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:42 am

I have a couple of questions regarding multiple rental properties and taxes. I believe that a peruvian resident gets taxed 5% on rental earnings.

If you were to have more than one rental property is it still 5%?

Is there a way to issue a 'Factura' and still only pay 5%? (For example if a company wants to rent your property.)

There are 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't.
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Rental properties tax questions...

Postby fanning » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Yes you can rent more than 1 property and pay 5%. The 5% rule only applies to natural persons, not to business.
If you have properties as a business which you rent out, you pay 30%.( with facturas)

If a natural person rents to a business there is no need for a 'factura' The payment slip of the 5% is the 'comprobante de pago' which also has your personal RUC and the RUC of the company you rent to. That makes it a legal document for the business for tax purposes.
chuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chuck » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:53 pm

Great, thanks fanning.
There are 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't.
parker15

Postby parker15 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:07 am

chuck wrote:I have a couple of questions regarding multiple rental properties and taxes. I believe that a peruvian resident gets taxed 5% on rental earnings.

If you were to have more than one rental property is it still 5%?

Is there a way to issue a 'Factura' and still only pay 5%? (For example if a company wants to rent your property.)

Hello there,
I have to know that how much tax will I have to pay on my rental income?
Thanks in advance

Return to “Focus on Business”

Login  •  Register