Buying silver?

This is a place for people who are operating a business in Peru, or who are planning on starting one.

Moderator: sbaustin

Silver Member
Silver Member

Buying silver?

Postby 1231231231 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:01 pm

Is it a wise idea to buy for around 1000$ silver in Lima and sell it in my home country to counter the high price of my plane ticket

or are there any other valuable goods I could bring in the airplane like baby alpaca etc.

Someone mentioned to me yesterday that he knew a fellow who made some cash taking cashmere cloth to Spain. No idea if this is a good idea or not, but thought I'd pass it on for whatever it was worth.

camerello

Re: Buying silver?

Postby camerello » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:01 pm

Unless you have a familiar and reliable source for purchasing silver, I would advise you not to just go and buy it from a random silver dealer. There are thousands of them literally. However, you may not get what you think you're buying. Not being paranoid nor pessimist but very real. There are various types of low quality silver here in Peru and all too often a foreign shopper is the best prey. I export 950 Sterling Silver to the US and know my way around the industry here. I have very reliable sources of quality products in gold or silver. If you'd like some guidance, I'd be happy to help guide you.

Return to “Focus on Business”

Login  •  Register