Maximum director, general manager ages

This is a place for people who are operating a business in Peru, or who are planning on starting one.

Moderator: sbaustin

janemabel

Maximum director, general manager ages

Postby janemabel » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:52 am

Hi everyone, first post and probably not the last...

I have been trying to find this information elsewhere but it seems that it would be best to ask expats who may have dealt with this before:

Is there a maximum age for directors in a company?
How about for general managers, secretaries, partners (in an SRL)?

I am thinking of setting up a SAC or SRL in Lima, and some of the people involved are in their late-70s so this may present an obstacle.

In some countries there is a set age limit for directors, or compulsory retirement ages for people in any role.
I'm sure shareholders are safe from any of these limits, although I am less confident that partners are immune if I choose an SRL.

janemabel

Re: Maximum director, general manager ages

Postby janemabel » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:29 am

I assume age limits have not been a concern for anyone on this forum that is already running a business in Peru.

I suppose the safest thing to do is to elect new directors before this can even become a problem (e.g. at 60), or in the case of a family business, the young adults in the family may be directors in case the older members unknowingly pass a limit.
janemabel

Re: Maximum director, general manager ages

Postby janemabel » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:54 am

I found the answer to my primary question and have returned to share it:

There is no set age limit for directors, regardless of their authority in the company.

However, government agencies may ask for a medical certificate to prove that an aging director is of sound mind before accepting a significant corporate move.

Return to “Focus on Business”

Login  •  Register