Looking to Open a business in Lima. Would love to Speak to an Expat business owner over a quick coffee

This is a place for people who are operating a business in Peru, or who are planning on starting one.

Moderator: sbaustin

Amancay

Looking to Open a business in Lima. Would love to Speak to an Expat business owner over a quick coffee

Postby Amancay » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi,

I have recently moved to Peru with plans to start a business here, would love to connect with fellow expat business owners who have made the transition.

Regards,

Mark

Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Looking to Open a business in Lima. Would love to Speak to an Expat business owner over a quick coffee

Postby Cactus fan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:12 am

You must invest a minimum of $30000 and employ 4 full time staff and pay them all benefits.

I had a business in Peru.
As it was a small business I was running together with my gf, we didn't have $30000 and neither could afford to employ 4 staff.
I registered the business in my gf her name.
She only had to pay a small fee (around 150 soles) at La Municipalidad for the license application and for the visit from la Defensa Civil.
It took around 4 days to complete.

She had to bring her DNI, rent contract for the shop we were going to rent, a completed application form and the fee.

Return to “Focus on Business”

Login  •  Register