Dentists in Lima

Have you had a good experience with a local service provider? If so, let us know about it. Please, follow instructions in the first post. Write to us to suggest new categories that we should open.

Moderator: ExpatPeruMods

pilimiranda

Re: Dentists in Lima

Postby pilimiranda » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:48 am

yes I'm a dentist…. we are a team of work, all specialized in Brazil….. contact me …..

bgreenman
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby bgreenman » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:41 am

I definitely echo all of the prior posts on this forum that have recommended Peru Dental (http://www.perudental.com). They have a beautiful clinic with state of the art equipment, and their facilities are only matched by their excellent service. I have now had two experiences with them (once for myself and once with a child), and I honestly cannot recommend them enough.

I had to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed, and despite my nerves the procedure was as painless as possible. All of the doctors took ample time to explain what work needed to be done, what to expect, and how they were going to do it. Additionally, Lloyd was a wonderful help throughout the entire process and follow up. He was quick to communicate and respond over email with any question that I had (an added plus that he is a native English speaker). I am generally a person who avoids the dentist at all costs, but Peru Dental definitely helped me to feel at ease.

The child that we brought was an incredibly difficult case. He needed multiple fillings, crowns, reconstructions, etc. On top of that he is incredibly afraid of needles, and we had never successfully gotten him to participate in a dental procedure until now. The pediatric dentist and the rest of the team were so warm and understanding! I couldn't believe that without much issue, he voluntarily sat in the dental chair for almost two straight days while they patiently helped to restore his smile. We are so thankful to Peru Dental for their professional service, and we are happy to see how this child has a restored sense of self esteem with a new smile!
dentalreategui

Postby dentalreategui » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:22 am

Hi, I´m very glad to be in this forum. My name is Carlos Reategui, I am a dentist with almost 25 years of experience as a dental practitioner.

My practice is oriented to children and adults who are seeking dental solutions like:
General Dental Practice--->fillings, tooth extraction, dental cleaning (Prophilaxis), etc.
Prevention: sealants in children, fluorization, teaching of oral hygiene
Endodontics: dental conservative treatment to avoid extractions
Prosthesis: porcelain crowns, metal free crowns, bridges, total rehabilitation, etc.
Cosmetic: dental bleaching, porcelain veneers, frontal space closure (diastema)
Orthodontics: crowded teeth, deep bite, etc.
And everything you need to improve your smile.

My dental office:
Av. Roosevelt 6538 PISO 8 MIRAFLORES (Three blocks from Wong Benavides)
My phones: 242 9267 - 999 705 881
My email: info@clinicadentalreategui.com
citas@clinicadentalreategui.com

Sincerely,
Dr. Carlos Reategui
COP 6767 (Professional Association)

P.S: You can contact me whether by phone or mail, if you have sugestions or any doubt about dental care.
mfperu

Postby mfperu » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:26 pm

I saw Dr Eduardo Montenegro Soria for a cleaning last week. It was the most careless, thoughtless work I've ever had done on my mouth. He did a cleaning in literally a little over ten minutes with no polishing. He jabbed the electric cleaning implement in my gums a number of times, even after I asked him to please be more careful. My gums still hurt a week later. I wouldn't let him near my mouth and I think it would be insane to see him and have someone who did a job like that do work like filling a cavity or doing something that needs care and attention.
mfperu

Postby mfperu » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:57 pm

I didn't have a good experience with Dr. Sylvia Pflucker and Smiles Peru. The front desk staff didn't speak English and I thought they would. There was time for a video with Larry King explaining dental tourism, and a sales pitch for a lot of dental work including a filling that my previous dentist didn't see and three dentists after haven't seen, but they said there wasn't time for a cleaning, which was one of the main reasons I went there. They finally agreed to do the cleaning and it was quick and very poor work. The second worst cleaning I've had (see Soria review). My dentist in the states practices conservative dentistry. I had some challenges with my gums and they did some education and he said he'd monitor how I was doing and since it's been fine he's good with it. Dr. Pflucker immediately wanted to do a procedure. It's easy to look at a bunch of dental work and think I'll be saving money in Peru, but if I don't need the work I'm not saving money. I prefer my dentist who treats conservatively. The office also smelled very strongly of some kind of cleaner.
mfperu

Postby mfperu » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:03 pm

I chose not to go with Peru Dental. It was 240 Soles for the cleaning and "basic check up", and the full diagnosis and 3D exrays were another 396 Soles, or 634 Soles, which is a LOT of money in Peru, and much, much higher than I've heard other dentists charge. I was confused with what the basic check up was as they needed the full diagnosis to be able to treat. I also needed to come into the office to find out what kind of materials they use for fillings. Historically when things get too complicated or the dental work is way higher than other places it doesn't end well. I find a correlation between the cost of the place and how much dentistry the are looking to sell (a term I heard a dentist use in his office once). There's another expat site with a lot of locals and no one has mentioned Peru Dental. Sometimes when there's many people recommending a dentist, especially when their not recommended on the other local site, I get curious if the dentist is driving traffic to the site.
gringolandia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringolandia » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:03 pm

I know a very affordable dentist in Surco that speaks perfect English. I think I paid 60 soles for a cleaning, and she did several affordable fillings for my mother (and informed my mother that some other expensive work that a dentist in the US had recommended was really not necessary).

It is very affordable because she's still waiting her final certification, so she's not legally allowed to advertise yet. But she is capable of all basic dental procedures and is already taking more advanced training. Her office has all new equipment and is very nice even by US standards.

I can't guarantee she'll actually want the extra work, but I can pass on the contact info of anyone who PMs me.

The only differences I noticed from US dentists are (1) no free tooth brush (2) no flossing, so do yourself a favor and floss before you go in and (3) you get the full attention of an actual dentist as there usually is no assistant (though she did make special arrangements to have one when my young daughter needed to have her gums opened to let the upper incisors come down). The lack of a dental assistant was the big surprise for me. In the US I'm used to everything being done by an assistant and then the dentist just shows up for a 30 second review.
Bwalk

Postby Bwalk » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:50 pm

I was having some minor issues with gum bleeding. I stopped by Dr. Soria's office late one afternoon last week thinking I would set an appointment for the future. I filled out a very brief health history form and he took me back to the treatment area, did a quick examination and set me up with the hygienist who did the necessary cleaning right then. Dr. Soria came back, checked her work and I was done! He and his staff are very nice. It may not be the most beautiful office in the world but it certainly works for me!
contact info is as follows:
Dr. Eduardo Montenegro-Soria
Jose del Llano Zapata 316 of 302 San Isidro (Building number 316, office 302)
Ph 440-1331
email:dentalsol@yahoo.es (the suffix extention is incorrect on another post.. "es" is the correct one)
harristomnclack

Postby harristomnclack » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:54 pm

I highly reccomend Odontodigital which is located in Miraflores. My filling came out last week and we were staying in Lima for three days before heading out to Cusco and I felt really uncomfortable with a hole in my teeth and Dr.Cueva did a great job with my filling and made sure I was completely satisfied with the treatment. Really enjoyed the dental service here, I believe you can contact the dental clinic at 991216060 or 511 447 6153
drynerson

Postby drynerson » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:25 am

To Whom It May Concern:

I have long been impressed with the professional, cutting-edge, quality service and expertise that Peru Dental offers. I have been amazed to sit and watch my new crown being 3D printed! Their equipment and technology is literally state of the art. They are also personable and communicative, providing clear explanation of problems and solutions with regard to my teeth. Recently, however, they went far beyond the call of duty.

I would like to voice my deep gratitude to Peru Dental, especially noting the lengths to which Enrique and Lloyd went to help my wife out when we were out of country. Barbara had some tooth pain, which concerned her as she was returning to Lima for only a few days before heading up to the U.S. to recruit new teachers for Colegio Roosevelt.

This occurred over the New Year’s holiday, and the office was closed. However, Lloyd responded immediately by email, and consulted several times with Enrique, who was in the U.S. They gave sound and detailed advice and maintained steady contact with us.

They saved Barbara from having to undergo two unnecessary root canals on either side of her “beautifully executed implant,” as the Colombian dentist described it. As it turned out, she had a bad cold, and the swelling was causing some discomfort. It took care of itself as Barbara recovered from her cold. We were given correct, prompt advice in communication that spanned Peru, Colombia and the U.S. I could not be more grateful, and I advocate for Peru Dental because they pride themselves in their mastery of integrating the highest level of professional technology with the more important human touch.

Sincerely,

David Miguel Rynerson
csm

Postby csm » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:14 pm

I went to different dentists years ago in Peru, some in Miraflores, some in Huaraz, I paid 50 soles = about $17 both times.

Others quoted prices in the above thread, for cleaning, of 60 soles = about $20, which is a good price. 240 soles about $80, at Peru Dental, for a cleaning is outrageously too high. You can find for that price in the states!

Everyone should be including names of dentists, locations, prices for the various services in addition to the reviews of the dentists, as this would be helpful to others for comparison purposes.

MFPeru, above said, "I chose not to go with Peru Dental. It was 240 Soles for the cleaning and "basic check up", and the full diagnosis and 3D exrays were another 396 Soles, or 634 Soles, which is a LOT of money in Peru, and much, much higher than I've heard other dentists charge. I was confused with what the basic check up was as they needed the full diagnosis to be able to treat. I also needed to come into the office to find out what kind of materials they use for fillings. Historically when things get too complicated or the dental work is way higher than other places it doesn't end well. I find a correlation between the cost of the place and how much dentistry the are looking to sell"
carlarrea

Re: Dentists in Lima - Clinica Dental Krebs

Postby carlarrea » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi, I live in the US and every time I go to Peru with my family we go to Dr. Krebs, the prices are reasonable and the attention and treatments very good, we have never had problems which is the most important thing. Here's the information for you to contact, the name of your secretary is Astrid.
Telephone in Peru 2644035
You can call (201)3360000 from the US
The website is http://www.dentalkrebs.com
Greetings to all from miami
goalie3443
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby goalie3443 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:04 pm

My wifes cousin is a dentist in Lima fairly reasonable and great hygienists too. Actually its super affordable and normally no wait. PM me for info I can't remember the hospital or whereabouts.
Jeffe

http://mochilerosperu.wordpress.com
Peru Budget Travel and Review Blog
michael2015

Postby michael2015 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:37 pm

My treatment was Awesome. Hi my name is Michael Louis I went for fillings and I had a amazing job. Is a very good, I'm so happy after go there. Dr. Cueva give me a very good service, he gives dedication for each part of my teeth, also the attention was nice and kind. Every tools are clean and the equipment is new high tech. My experience there was perfect everything is clean and healthy, I have not to wait too long, he was very punctual and a I feel comfortable. The clinic has a good ilumination and the place is very nice. Highly recommended. Dr. Cueva, cellphone: 991216060. 319 schell avenue, suite 606, Miraflores.
eugene.in.peru
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby eugene.in.peru » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:30 pm

if you have experience with dentists here please post prices, everybody who mentioned perudental - what prices were you quoted for filling? for root canal? for crown?

looking for a dentist that knows how to fix teeth well, and charges peruvian prices. I really don't care if he / she speaks any english, this is not a social chat, my mouth will be open anyway while they are fixing teeth.

can anybody quote prices? for filling? root canal? xray? and give locations/ phone numbers?
eugene.in.peru
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby eugene.in.peru » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:46 pm

also please don't post about Dr. Cueva. just sounds fake. The more similar sounding posts I see here about amazingly awesome job he is supposedly doing, the less i trust him.
ozzie

Postby ozzie » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:27 am

My family goes to Dr. Raul Ordoñes in Salamanca which is near La Molina, San Borja area.

I had two root canals and two dental implants and one daughter had 7 cavities fixed. At first I tried dentists from my insurance, Maison de Sainte, but their prices were astronomical and I was treated like a money machine and the work was rushed so they could over charge.

His specialty is general dentistry, root canals, and implants.
I have been going to this dentist for three years.
His prices are very reasonable. I payed $ 1200 for two dental implants with the crowns included. Romandent in San Isidro wanted $2400. Dr. Ordoñes is in Salamanca, where prices are
lower then Miraflores, Surco, Molina, San Borja, Monterrico, and San Isidro.

He is a dental surgeon registered with the "Colegio de Odontologos de Peru" and he is accomodating in setting appointments.
He speaks some English; His two daughters that are Dental school students speak English.
His office is clean; it is located in:
Avenida Paracas 908, # 202, Salamanca
His Phone number is 999719925. His email is raul_255@hotmail.com.
Tell him Oscar from Texas provided the referral. Salamanca has good dentists with good rates. If you have questions email me.
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:23 am

Good info, thanks.
Just because a dentist has a diploma on the wall, doen't mean anything in Peru.
Just because he has a new office & sanitary surroundings, doesn't mean he knows what he is doing.

I went to a dentist recommended by a gf of an American expat; he extracted 4 teeth @ $100 each.
NEVER TOOK EX-RAYS! When my normal dentist returned from a vacation; he showed me my x-rays.
There were NO ISSUES with any of the teeth extracted!

Filed a complaint with INDECOPI & was threatened with having my throat cut - in the presence of the investigator!
INDECOPI was apparently influenced by his family - who have a lot of money & connections in San Isidro & Lima.
Be careful, "we are not in Kansas anymore".

Best wishes to all.
FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FDiH » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:33 am

woodchuck wrote:Filed a complaint with INDECOPI & was threatened with having my throat cut - in the presence of the investigator!
INDECOPI was apparently influenced by his family - who have a lot of money & connections in San Isidro & Lima.
Be careful, "we are not in Kansas anymore"..

Wow that's some story. But it is not helping anyone here if we do not know the name of your mafia dentist.

I must admit that in Huanuco there are zero dentists that specialize in ex-pat care (<10 expats in Huanuco). But I finally found a good dentist. She has a shared practise in the es-salud hospital and she charges me off the books. USD 75 for emergency extraction (infected wisdom tooth). Really nice job. No English speaker though. Even the chief surgeon of the hospital does not speak a word of English.
eugene.in.peru
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby eugene.in.peru » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:55 pm

woodchuck wrote:Good info, thanks.

I went to a dentist recommended by a gf of an American expat; he extracted 4 teeth @ $100 each.
NEVER TOOK EX-RAYS! When my normal dentist returned from a vacation; he showed me my x-rays.
There were NO ISSUES with any of the teeth extracted!

just like with anything here, ask first and make sure you understand exactly what they are proposing first before agreeing to anything, and especially to a tooth extraction. If _fill in blank their occupation_ in peru goes for more than 2-3 words in explanation of the service they intend to provide, I make sure I understand what is it they plan on doing before agreeing.
eugene.in.peru
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby eugene.in.peru » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:56 pm

ozzie wrote:My family goes to Dr. Raul Ordoñes in Salamanca which is near La Molina, San Borja area.

I had two root canals and two dental implants and one daughter had 7 cavities fixed. At first I tried dentists from my insurance, Maison de Sainte, but their prices were astronomical and I was treated like a money machine and the work was rushed so they could over charge.

His specialty is general dentistry, root canals, and implants.
I have been going to this dentist for three years.
His prices are very reasonable. I payed $ 1200 for two dental implants with the crowns included. Romandent in San Isidro wanted $2400. Dr. Ordoñes is in Salamanca, where prices are
lower then Miraflores, Surco, Molina, San Borja, Monterrico, and San Isidro.

He is a dental surgeon registered with the "Colegio de Odontologos de Peru" and he is accomodating in setting appointments.
He speaks some English; His two daughters that are Dental school students speak English.
His office is clean; it is located in:
Avenida Paracas 908, # 202, Salamanca
His Phone number is 999719925. His email is raul_255@hotmail.com.
Tell him Oscar from Texas provided the referral. Salamanca has good dentists with good rates. If you have questions email me.

Awesome! Thank you!
Indra

Postby Indra » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:42 pm

I would like to recommend the Dentist Dr. Carlos Cueva. He is the best dentist i have ever know. He has studied and worked in USA many years, but now he has him dental office in Miraflores, Lima - Peru.
I visited different dentists in U.S.A. but nowere have I found a dentist like.
He speaks English good English.
www.odontodigital.com drcueva@odontodigital.com cell phone 991216060
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:19 am

I made this website which connects people with English speaking doctors in Lima. I have worked here in Peru for 10 years in the medical field and I know who you can trust. Here is a link to the dental section:

http://www.surgeryinperu.com/dental-treatment-in-lima/

You can also get an idea of prices by looking here:

http://www.surgeryinperu.com/prices/

Hope it helps!

LOGO surgeryinperu.png
LOGO surgeryinperu.png (11.64 KiB) Viewed 26 times

Return to “Services in Lima”

Login  •  Register