READ BEFORE POSTING

Have you had a good experience with a local service provider? If so, let us know about it. Please, follow instructions in the first post. Write to us to suggest new categories that we should open.

Moderator: ExpatPeruMods

Kelly

READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Kelly » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:44 pm

We want to make the Services forum as helpful as possible for our forum members. There are two goals for this:

1. We want to allow our members to reach out to the expat community if they have a service to share - whether it is a service they themselves provide or someone they are recommending.
2. We want to provide a place where our members can find responsible, trustworthy recommendations of services.

To that end, it has always been our policy not to allow advertisements for business - this is NOT an advertising forum, per se. We have made an effort to weed out the straightforward posts from locals who have a legitimate service to offer.

However, it's difficult to have trust in people whose only action in the ExpatPeru forum has been to advertise their services - and many people have signed up for membership here only to post in this forum. They are people unknown to the expat community, and because of that, we feel uncomfortable providing what may appear to be a recommendation of their services.

Therefore, we will no longer be allowing service recommendations or offers from anyone who is not an already established member of the forum.

Take the time to become a member, get to know others here. It's all about creating trust in our community.

Also, please note that the upper section is ONLY for giving recommendations on services you have used. It is absolutely not for promoting yours or your family's services.

Finally, if you have a complaint about a service that has been recommended here, please sign your complaint and provide your document number in your post.

Myrian

Re: READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby Myrian » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi Kelly:
Thanks for your recommendations: I think you are making a great job in keeping this forum as a trustworthy place. By the way, I have a question: what is the procedure for a company or institution to advertise in Expat Peru? How much does it cost? What are the services offered? Please if you could give me this information I would appreciate.
Best,
Myrian :)
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Thanks for your question, Myrian - For anyone who would like to advertise on the Expat Peru site, you can contact the forum owner using this form: http://www.expatperu.com/contact-us.php
vida.en.peru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vida.en.peru » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:13 am

Hi Kelly, I have a question for you...I am moving to Barranco & I want to find work in childcare, whether in my home or elsewhere not too far like Miraflores. I wanted to post someone here in the forum to hopefully find an opportunity, but I'm not sure whether to post in jobs or services section. I thought it would be better to ask you before accidentally posted in the wrong place. Can you help?
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:41 pm

No problem!

If you're looking for a position in a school or daycare - jobs forum.
If you're looking for children to care for in your home - services.

If you'd be happy with whichever comes first, you can post in both! :wink:

Return to “Services in Lima”

Login  •  Register