Protestant Churches in Lima

Have you had a good experience with a local service provider? If so, let us know about it. Please, follow instructions in the first post. Write to us to suggest new categories that we should open.

Moderator: ExpatPeruMods

gringomisio

Protestant Churches in Lima

Postby gringomisio » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I recently got to the city to live and work here and are in search of a Protestant church community. We're familiar with the Union Church in San Isidro, but are looking for any other non-ultra conservative options in either English or Spanish in and around areas out as far as Jesus Maria or Pueblo Libre.

Thanks all for any help you can provide!

MarcoPE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Protestant Churches in Lima

Postby MarcoPE » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:17 pm

gringomisio wrote:We're familiar with the Union Church in San Isidro, but are looking for any other non-ultra conservative options in either English or Spanish in and around areas out as far as Jesus Maria or Pueblo Libre.

There is also the Anglican church, Church of the Good Shepard, with sermons in English, just around the corner from the Union Church.
For Spanish speaking, there are different Protestant churches all over...from what I've seen, mostly Pentecostal. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "non-ultra conservative options" but typically, when it comes to religion, Union Church and maybe Church of the Good Shepard may be the most non-ultra conservative options there are, though I could be wrong.
gringomisio

Re: Protestant Churches in Lima

Postby gringomisio » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Thanks for the tips! I've seen the Anglican Church in passing but may give it a shot one of these next Sundays. I definitely have noticed a lot of the Spanish language churches bend towards Conservative, charismatic traditions. We're going to try at least get started at an English language church but are thinking long-term to try getting involved in a church in Spanish.

If anyone else comes across another recommendation, I'd love to hear it

Return to “Services in Lima”

Login  •  Register