Robbed and assaulted in Lima

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but some rules apply.

Moderators: Alan, adrian Thorne

Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
MarkfromAust

Robbed and assaulted in Lima

Postby MarkfromAust » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:18 pm

A girl that I have been living with assualted me, removed all my possessions from our apartment and took my passport, cellphone and credit cards. I have no access to any funds and the Embassy told me that they can only provide limited assistance as I was living here and therefore deemed to be a traveller in distress. I need immediate assistance. Any help would be gratfully apreciated.

Slippin' Jimmy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Robbed and assaulted in Lima

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 pm

MarkfromAust wrote:A girl that I have been living with assualted me, removed all my possessions from our apartment and took my passport, cellphone and credit cards. I have no access to any funds and the Embassy told me that they can only provide limited assistance as I was living here and therefore deemed to be a traveller in distress. I need immediate assistance. Any help would be gratfully apreciated.

Dude more info!
How did she managed to pull this off?
And what did you do to cause her to assault you?
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:03 am

Unfortunately, I have several friends that have experienced similar situations.
Some Peruvian women have a feeling that "all gringos are rich" & feel no remorse in robbing & stealing from us.
It is true most gringos have a much higher standard of living, many of us are not rich.
As far as being assaulted by a Peruvian woman; it does happen.
They can be as dangerous as any man; expecting the police will give them a "break".
Be careful out there...
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Formidable 1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:19 pm

woodchuck wrote:Unfortunately, I have several friends that have experienced similar situations.
Some Peruvian women have a feeling that "all gringos are rich" & feel no remorse in robbing & stealing from us.
It is true most gringos have a much higher standard of living, many of us are not rich.
As far as being assaulted by a Peruvian woman; it does happen.
They can be as dangerous as any man; expecting the police will give them a "break".
Be careful out there...

Sounds like you got some experience there, woody.
Care to share?
asgp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby asgp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Wow. That's an horrible experience.

Any updates? Are you OK?

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register