Peru helping to Venezuela

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but some rules apply.

Moderators: Alan, adrian Thorne

Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Peru helping to Venezuela

Postby windsportinperu » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:03 pm

During the last monthss, thousands and thousands of Venezuelans have arrived to Peru. They are escaping from the tyrany of Tomas Maduro.

I have met some of them on the street of Lima. They are great people.

Peru helping to Venezuela. A real integration among 2 southamerican countries.

They are Welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF_4zydtAFI

woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Peru helping to Venezuela

Postby woodchuck » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:39 am

I belong to a small Catholic church (some 100 members) here in Villa Maria del Triunfo next to Lurin & Jose Galvez. The priest announced this morning that 30 former classrooms will be renovated for 30 Venezuelan refugee families.

The tragedy in VZ is tearing families apart; on the bus home from church, there was a Venezuelan man (25-30 yrs.) selling candy to support his family. I gave him 50 soles for a .50 soles pack of gum. I am thrilled Peru is offering safe haven to the VZ people.

Best wishes to our VZ friends & now residents. :roll:
bigdaddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby bigdaddy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:16 am

I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot, would Venezuela be willing to help Peruvians?
Large and in charge!
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:29 am

bigdaddy wrote:I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot, would Venezuela be willing to help Peruvians?

It is a good question.

if we expect to receive the help back from Venezuela, or we expect to receive help first and then give it back, finally will never help, at all.

Venezuelan children receiving free school, free healh care and receiving a warm reception from peruvian school children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyn-ILRiIXQ
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:51 am

While Maduro and his henchmen threaten to use snipers to kill innnocent people, the girl is preparing for the street fight..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4skayTaRcM
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:50 am

I was in a hostel in Lima and many of the long term residents were Venezuelans.
Friendly people and they all claimed to be working.

I am wondering how they can get jobs so quickly in a country with a high unemployment rate.
Are they working for far less than the Peruvian minimum wage?
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Venezuelan can get a job because the mayority that i have met have a very good mindset : they are positive, happy, friendly, hardworker, respectful, family oriented and love their country. It is a compatible with peruvians, because we have similar values in life.

They work in whatever they can get .. from street seller to workers in small, mediaum and big companies.
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:48 am

windsportinperu wrote:Venezuelan can get a job because the mayority that i have met have a very good mindset : they are positive, happy, friendly, hardworker, respectful, family oriented and love their country. It is a compatible with peruvians, because we have similar values in life.

They work in whatever they can get .. from street seller to workers in small, mediaum and big companies.

...and probably crime.
Polaron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Polaron » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:23 pm

bigdaddy wrote:I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot, would Venezuela be willing to help Peruvians?

That's an interesting question Daddy. During the period that Alberto fujimori was president of this country thousands upon thousands of peruvians fled to Venezuela. They were welcomed with open arms so the Peruvian people in their typical Spirit of generosity have decided to return the favor.

I for one am glad they have. Having Venezuelans here enriches us all culturally and they're arepas are pretty tasty too.

I had an interesting experience a few weeks back with an Ecuadoran acquaintance of mine. Someone sent me a photograph of Haley Joel Osment from his role in the movie The Sixth Sense. In that slick he plays a young boy who can see dead people interacting in The Ether so to speak. The photograph of him is with his with a look of surprise and it says, "yo veo venezolanos por todos lados."

I thought it was funny because it seems to me to demonstrate the xenophobia of a tiny minority of people. He wrote back to me stating, " thanks a lot I'm an immigrant too!" I responded that the statement was true of both of us. I guess we Gringos are not the only people to sometimes be a bit overly sensitive.

Anyway I apologized if he was offended and I apologize to anyone here who might take umbrage. The truth is I love Venezuelans and I'm happy that they are here. That won't stop my weird sense of humor but I am definitely Pro Venezuelan.
Professional, bilingual writer at your service.
Cactus fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Cactus fan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:23 pm

Polaron wrote: During the period that Alberto fujimori was president of this country thousands upon thousands of peruvians fled to Venezuela.

My gf told me that during the years that Señor Fujimori was president, there was less crime and the country was very safe.
The criminals fled and went to rogue states like the US and Venezuela and Colombia.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Reasons why these great venezuelan couple chose Peru:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JJ899CfrZk
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:52 pm

Nice comments from peruvians to venezuelans living in Lima:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n9siqNyH-U
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:15 pm

A happy venezuelan guy enjoys the qualification of Perú for the 2018 Soccer World Cup in Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oEh7gEzhXw
asgp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby asgp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:50 pm

woodchuck wrote:I belong to a small Catholic church (some 100 members) here in Villa Maria del Triunfo next to Lurin & Jose Galvez. The priest announced this morning that 30 former classrooms will be renovated for 30 Venezuelan refugee families.

The tragedy in VZ is tearing families apart; on the bus home from church, there was a Venezuelan man (25-30 yrs.) selling candy to support his family. I gave him 50 soles for a .50 soles pack of gum. I am thrilled Peru is offering safe haven to the VZ people.

Best wishes to our VZ friends & now residents. :roll:

Wow. That says a lot about you. You know, I gotta hand it to you.
asgp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby asgp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:52 pm

Venezuela was in a much better position in the past. And yes, many people of many countries went there looking for a better life and they were able to get it. Venezuela is a country of immigrats.
asgp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby asgp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:55 pm

Cactus fan wrote:I was in a hostel in Lima and many of the long term residents were Venezuelans.
Friendly people and they all claimed to be working.

I am wondering how they can get jobs so quickly in a country with a high unemployment rate.
Are they working for far less than the Peruvian minimum wage?

Not necessarily. Many Venezuelans are willing to work more hours than the average Peruvian. Plus they willingness to work is an big deal to Peruvian employers.
asgp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby asgp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:57 pm

Cactus fan wrote:
windsportinperu wrote:Venezuelan can get a job because the mayority that i have met have a very good mindset : they are positive, happy, friendly, hardworker, respectful, family oriented and love their country. It is a compatible with peruvians, because we have similar values in life.

...and probably crime.

Crime is everywhere. Peruvian prisons are full of criminals from all over the world.
asgp
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby asgp » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:09 pm

In general, Peru has been a great supporter of the Venezuelan people these days. As a Venezuelan myself I am thankful for all the help the president PPK has have to Venezuela. I see it as an strategy to increase cultural mix in this country, both cultural and genetic, as crazy as that can seem. LOL. I arrived 5 years ago and I can relate to that meme 'I see Venezuelans everywhere' :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you have any questions I will be more than happy to answer.

Regards.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register