metal detecting ancient leylines

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but some rules apply.

Moderators: Alan, adrian Thorne

Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
ORGANICshaman

metal detecting ancient leylines

Postby ORGANICshaman » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:16 pm

Hola board

I'm an apprentice shaman and just completed a 76 day solo wander in the remote cloud forest near machu picchu(8 months in the last 12). Towards the end of the tour I stumbled upon lots of mounds(cairns)..a leyline and at least one inca Road and an extensive tunnel network.

It's also home to elemental spirits..I believe hiding close by is a pre incan palao Sanskrit religious site. later used by the incas. The mountain river resonates very loudly and has amazing acoustic properties.

I got permission to metal detect and check out one of the collapsed tombs.

Basically im looking for an experienced partner who can come check out my find as well as volunteers to skout the difficult terrain and clear some bush.

windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: metal detecting ancient leylines

Postby windsportinperu » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:00 pm

Who gave you the permission to metal detecting those areas ?
ORGANICshaman

Postby ORGANICshaman » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:10 pm

It's private land and I got permission. Needs to be in writing but have not really started yet.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:08 pm

Good luck with your findings..

The essence of pure spirituality is inside us..
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:03 am

YES, good luck.
Keep us updated on your progress.
Thanks for sharing & best wishes. :lol:
Homerbre

Postby Homerbre » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:07 pm

I doubt you could have received permission to metal detect from a government agency.

Peruvians take very seriously any disturbance of their archaeological sites, so I would not go there if I were you.
JamesShoffner

Postby JamesShoffner » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:28 pm

Hello everyone,

Metal detecting here in Perú is quite exciting. Over the past 21 years that I have lived here I have found many beautiful things. And yes there are a lot of places where gold and treasures can still be found. As far as seeking permission to dig on someone's property it is something that the Peruvian people in general encourage. The vast majority of people here believe that there is gold buried on their property. It is known in Spanish as Tapados. If you have a metal detector and are willing to work for free they will allow you to do so. I myself use a Lorenz Deepmax Z1. It gives a 3d image of up to 45 feet deep. This is important for finding things that are deeply buried. There is one advice that I must give to you. Peru is a poor country and seeing a gringo (foriener) walking around with a expensive metal detector is only inviting problems. Always go with someone who you trust. If you are going to travel to Peru and wish to do some detecting you can get in touch with me if you like. Leave me a message here on this site. Good luck and happy hunting
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:13 pm

I met a man, a Columbian, in Trujillo a couple years ago. He rented a room from a friend of mine. He was always out with his detector. He eventually found something like a gold cup, which he sold in a hurry for $2,000. He later learned that it was worth 10 times that amount.
There is a store that sells metal detecting equipment in Miraflores on Called Grimaldo del Solar (between Diez Canseco and Schell), so there must be enough people with this hobby to keep at least one store open.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register