The colonel got killed

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
el conquistador

The colonel got killed

Postby el conquistador » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:45 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/ ... FK20111020

The world got a bit safer again. Muamar Al Gaddafi is gone.

People like Saddam Hoessein, Osama Bin Laden, Hosni Mubarak, Zine El Abidini Ben Ali and Muamar Al Gaddafi have been running countries like tirants for decades. In the last few years, they are all gone.

Finally, Lybia can become a democratic country. People who fled can come back. People who are there can stay.

bmike1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The colonel got killed

Postby bmike1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:22 pm

I thought all guns were wrong?
:-)~mike~(-:
asgoodasitgets
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby asgoodasitgets » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:56 am

If you look beyond the media hype, many journalists are starting to recognise this for what it is, nothing but yet another imperialist invasion.

Osama bin Laden was reported dead in 2003, and then about 5 other times after that... there's no evidence he was killed this year.

If you look at the "rebels" that got Gaddafi in the "last moments" of his life, and how they were treating him, I think you will be ashamed to celebrate what is happening there. Even if he is guilty of the many crimes accused, the captors are clearly behaving like salivating pack animals with no respect of dignity for human life.

It's also very convenient for Blair and many others that he is disposed of in this way, now all the dirty laundry gets flushed. They were all buddies with Gaddafi until he proposed an African continental gold backed currency.

I hardly think the world is safer. If anything now there is nothing standing between the US / NATO and conquering of the African continent - just further expansion of the plans outlaid in the PNAC documents from around 2000 where they stipulated an ongoing and expanding war of conquest on multiple fronts.

This is the kind of activity that has killed every democratic republic in history as they mutated into empires. This is the kind of activity that will end liberty and freedom in America.

I don't know if you all saw this video of a little boy from Libya with his face blown off in the operating theatre. Also nothing to celebrate. His sister was next to him with part of her foot missing. You can see him screaming with no face. Just another example of the "liberation" and "humanitarian" efforts of NATO.

They don't care one bit for human life, democracy, freedom or any of that. They march into sovereign nations as though it's their right. They execute heads of state, and whomever they please without any accountability as to evidence.

The whole 2003 Iraq war was started because of OBL - but he was a Saudi. Nobody has invaded Saudi Arabia. Al Qaeda was never in Iraq. There were no WMD's.

What people fail to realise also is that 1 million civilians have been killed since 2003 in that region (actually it's now up to 1.3 last I checked) more than half of those children under the age of 5. If you look at the civilian deaths since the first world war, compared with now, you will see that the amount of civilians compared to military personnel that is killed is exponentially increasing as the technology is "advancing". How is that? If they are more precise more accurate, and less mistakes, shouldn't that mean less civilians are targeted?

Before you respond glibly as many who are brainwashed by the mainstream society paradigm fed to them through the cable news networks, consider and think for a moment on the weight of 1 million human lives, more than half of them children under the age of five.

I have spoken to Iraqi's living abroad. They told me "Life was good there, we were happy, we had free, great education. Now this invasion and the country is destroyed, ruined."

No WMD's. Never were. All fabricated. They admitted it. No arrests, no charges to Bush, Blair or Cheney or Rice.

The Saudi's frequently murder citizens for dissent. There are protests in Bahrain. There is no "humanitarian" efforts there. The "liberated" Egypt is now under an even more oppressive military regime and protests continue.

It's all a fraud folks. There is no revolution, no change. Not until the people get street wise, wake up.

I'm not saying Gaddafi was a saint. All I'm saying is I've yet to see any credible evidence that he was half of the things they say he were. And I took the trouble to go read some of his green book online. Reads pretty good. Go check it out.

Looks like the barbarian regime is NATO. They're the ones covered in the blood of children and families in countries all over the world. Still getting away with it on the back of WW2.
The Foundation of a Free Society is Freedom of Speech.
asgoodasitgets
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby asgoodasitgets » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:02 am

Before anyone says "Yeah, I want US and British intervention in Africa" you need to check your history. Africa is the way it is, the starvation, the propped up despots, etc BECAUSE of Britain and the US. They are the destabilising force, they actively prop up these guys, fund genocidal rebels, and then they get to say "Oh look at them, killing each other, they simply can't get their act together, time for us to shine".

It's called the Hegalian Dialectic, and most intelligence agencies and high level military operate on that principle. It's commonly referred to as "Problem Reaction Solution". You create the problem clandestinely, you wait for the desired reaction "Something must be done" "This is unacceptable" then you offer the solution that nobody would ever have dared to accept in the beginning of the process. In this case, a unified african government, run behind the scenes by the anglo / american establishment - behind then, the central banking families, including the same ones who ran Apartheid in S.Africa.

There is a move to institute a one world government, done in stages, with three distinct regional governances, under the illusion of localised democracies. In truth, once all the power is fully centralised, there will be no way to get around it. In order to get this one world centralised dictatorship they need to secure the African continent and the middle east - the pretext is irrelevant. And you can see they are well on the way to achieving this. Why have a base in Iraq that is bigger than the Vatican if you intend to leave?
asgoodasitgets
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby asgoodasitgets » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:07 am

el conquistador wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/20/us-libya-idUSTRE79F1FK20111020

The world got a bit safer again. Muamar Al Gaddafi is gone.

People like Saddam Hoessein, Osama Bin Laden, Hosni Mubarak, Zine El Abidini Ben Ali and Muamar Al Gaddafi have been running countries like tirants for decades. In the last few years, they are all gone.

Finally, Lybia can become a democratic country. People who fled can come back. People who are there can stay.

Mubarak was an openly propped up dictator, the US gave billions of dollars to him over the preceding decade. He could not have stayed in power with out direct US support so he can pay his military. He served a purpose. He's dead too you know. Expended his usefulness, too many secrets in his head. Goodbye.

Hussein, same thing. Propped up dictator. He was best buddies.

What about Noreaga? Also best buddies. Good little dictator running drugs for the CIA. Then he says, you know what, no more drugs. Gets invaded. Goodbye Noreaga. Rest of the country: "You're liberated".

This has been going on since Roosevelt in Panama.

The US is being used for very, very nefarious purposes. All these dictators and boogey men, they're just mice for the cat to play with. Once they serve their purpose, or think they actually have any power. Goodbye.

The reason people don't see a pattern in all these many events that obviously connect and form a clear circumstantial picture regardless of other damning direct evidence that abounds is because of a controlled corporate media. The US has no free press, but one of the most controlled propagandised news services on Earth, even by other propagandised countries standards. One Soviet citizen who visited the US during the cold war was astonished by it. He remarked "The difference between our propaganda and yours is that we actually know it's not true, so we read everything "between the lines" and see the truth through the lies".
rama0929
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rama0929 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:58 pm

el conquistador wrote:Finally, Lybia can become a democratic country. People who fled can come back. People who are there can stay.

Perhaps in theory. We'll see what the rebels have to say 8)
el conquistador

Postby el conquistador » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:56 pm

asgoodasitgets wrote:No WMD's. Never were. All fabricated. They admitted it. No arrests, no charges to Bush, Blair or Cheney or Rice.

For sure the next one that will be 'taken care of' is G W Bush. He's hiding as well but will be found.
rama0929
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rama0929 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:34 pm

asgoodasitgets wrote:I'm not saying Gaddafi was a saint. All I'm saying is I've yet to see any credible evidence that he was half of the things they say he were. And I took the trouble to go read some of his green book online. Reads pretty good. Go check it out.

Regardless, he was enough of a problem where people were protesting against him. Eventually, it escalated to the point where he got a bullet put in his head.

Would've rather him stood trial though, but them's the breaks.
asgoodasitgets
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby asgoodasitgets » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:09 pm

el conquistador wrote:
asgoodasitgets wrote:No WMD's. Never were. All fabricated. They admitted it. No arrests, no charges to Bush, Blair or Cheney or Rice.

For sure the next one that will be 'taken care of' is G W Bush. He's hiding as well but will be found.

I hope you're right. That would mean there was a significant shift of power in the intelligence and military circles. Enough to have them get by Daddy first. Both Bushes have got more criminal DNA in their little finger than Gaddafi. Don't forget Cheney with his 9/11 stand-down order. The piece of work threw the whole world into 10 years of war and chaos.

Edit: Don't forget Obama for war crimes too. He's as bad as Bush. They're all bloodthirsty crazies.
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:42 am

State Sanctioned assassination, which was unheard of years ago, is now the standard, Assassinating American Citizens without due process, is rather scary. what's next? drop a Koran in your mail box and then blow up your home as a justification.

Today in Yahoo news, Karzai stated that he would go to war against the USA if the US were to attack Pakistan (hehehe: another satisfied customer, after losing so many young American lives, this is like a slap in the face)
http://news.yahoo.com/afghanistan-back- ... 16217.html

The danger now, these Muslim nations are not stable so, I would not cry victory yet.

There will be an ongoing power grab in predominant Muslim countries, so there are still few hidden nut cases that could come out of the woodwork and in to power.

The
rama0929
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rama0929 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:20 am

tupacperu wrote:Today in Yahoo news, Karzai stated that he would go to war against the USA if the US were to attack Pakistan (hehehe: another satisfied customer, after losing so many young American lives, this is like a slap in the face)

The danger now, these Muslim nations are not stable so, I would not cry victory yet.

There will be an ongoing power grab in predominant Muslim countries, so there are still few hidden nut cases that could come out of the woodwork and in to power.

Pakistan needs to worry about India. But nice job to state the obvious, that he'd go to war if invaded :lol:

Agreed that there will be ongoing power grabs. Usually the case when power vacuums exist
renodante
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby renodante » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:18 pm

Today in Yahoo news, Karzai stated that he would go to war against the USA if the US were to attack Pakistan

pakistan would go to war with us? isn't that cute. i love when leaders from places like pakistan say things like that.
falconagain
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby falconagain » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:41 pm

Let see, Libya started to become friendly with the United States, they helped
to lower the gas prices. They started to allow more americans to be present
on their territory and opening their frontier to american investment.
America responded by attacking the country, creating a new revolution
with a bunch of inept clowns and helped to kill their current leader.

Now based on these actions whoever is going to be in charge of Libya
no matter who it is, its going to be completely anti american based on
current experience.

If this is the way the US treats its now allies that come to help them
in a time of need. One might wonder what will happen and how other
countries will react. We are gaining more enemies than friends with
these actions.
rama0929
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rama0929 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:08 pm

falconagain wrote:Now based on these actions whoever is going to be in charge of Libya
current experience.

I seriously doubt that.
el conquistador

Postby el conquistador » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:00 pm

rama0929 wrote:
falconagain wrote:Now based on these actions whoever is going to be in charge of Libya
current experience.

I seriously doubt that.

As long as the US stays away from Lybia so that they can rebuild themselves then it won't be anti american.
The US have their own problems. Lybia, Iraq and Afghanistan and Pakistan don't go to the US either to say how the US should be run.

The other good news is that the US army will leave Iraq by the end of this year. Finally, this will bring an end to this terrible war and the Iraqi people will live in peace.
rama0929
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rama0929 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:37 pm

el conquistador wrote:
As long as the US stays away from Lybia so that they can rebuild themselves then it won't be anti american.

You may want to brush up on your world history

Lybia, Iraq and Afghanistan and Pakistan don't go to the US either to say how the US should be run.

They couldn't, even if they wanted to.

The other good news is that the US army will leave Iraq by the end of this year. Finally, this will bring an end to this terrible war and the Iraqi people will live in peace.

:shock:

What do you know about Iran vs Iraq? Human rights violations in Iraq? I'll agree that the 2003 invasion and subsequent occupation was and is misguided and totally unnecessary, but let's not act as if it were all sunshine and lollipops in Iraq under Hussein's reign (1979-2003).
Polaron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Polaron » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:32 pm

rama0929 wrote:
tupacperu wrote:Today in Yahoo news, Karzai stated that he would go to war against the USA if the US were to attack Pakistan (hehehe: another satisfied customer, after losing so many young American lives, this is like a slap in the face)

Pakistan needs to worry about India. But nice job to state the obvious, that he'd go to war if invaded :lol:

Agreed that there will be ongoing power grabs. Usually the case when power vacuums exist

renodante wrote:
Today in Yahoo news, Karzai stated that he would go to war against the USA if the US were to attack Pakistan

pakistan would go to war with us? isn't that cute. i love when leaders from places like pakistan say things like that.

I don't see how Karzai's country could be invaded if the U.S. attacked Islamabad (or even invaded Pakistan), given that Karzai is in Afghanistan.

And it wasn't "sunshine and lollipops" in Iraq under Hussein, but at least the infrastructure was intact, people had reliable electrical service and running water in Baghdad and other cities, and you didn't have gangs of religious wackos roaming the streets imposing Sharia law (thank you, Saudi Arabia).

The U.S. caused more harm than good in invading Iraq, but of course, Bush wanted the votes. Also, at least some of the rebels now in charge of Libya have indicated they want to form a government that operates according to Muslim law. Great.

And whether middle eastern countries could or couldn't tell the U.S. how to live is irrelevant; the simple fact exists that their governments do not even attempt it, while the U.S. tends to be way overbearing. Is it any wonder why their is so much anti-U.S. sentiment in the world?
Professional, bilingual writer at your service.
renodante
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby renodante » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:41 pm

Also, at least some of the rebels now in charge of Libya have indicated they want to form a government that operates according to Muslim law. Great.

great unless you're gay, an atheist, an apostate, not a "person of the book," or a woman.

as to everything else, agreed.
Polaron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Polaron » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:18 am

renodante wrote:
Also, at least some of the rebels now in charge of Libya have indicated they want to form a government that operates according to Muslim law. Great.

great unless you're gay, an atheist, an apostate, not a "person of the book," or a woman.

as to everything else, agreed.

Agreed, renodante. I meant "great" in a sarcastic way. Just one more bunch of religious wackos taking over a country.

You know, the first time I saw this thread, I thought "el conquistador" was referring to the death of Colonel Sanders. I was thinking, "the old fella was waylaid by a truckload of chickens as he tried to prep them for frying."

:lol:
Professional, bilingual writer at your service.
renodante
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby renodante » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:58 pm

haha i totally thought the same thing, and was going to post it. something like "didn't he die a long time ago?"
asgoodasitgets
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby asgoodasitgets » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:37 pm

American and British money paid for Al Qaeda to enter Libya, where they were not there before, and be the defacto ground force that O'bomber promised he wouldn't use. We've had to listen for years about bloody Al CIAda, created by Zibignew B. the terrorist trainer extraordinaire for America, oh Al Qeada this Al Qaeda that... blah blah blah. But now they're the good guys who liberate entire countries, with a bit of help from air support. Holy Smokes.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And people BUY this B-movie scripted nonsense. What a joke. Think of the poor children. Have you seen some of what has happened to them? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Then they celebrate now, *America* celebrates when Al Qaeda kills a nations head of state in an undignified, inhumane, unjust fashion, and Ms. Klinton is laughing about it. No trial, no jury. Just a mob of grizzley animals. I didn't like Gahdafi but I'm not going to tolerate that barbarism in my name. What they did was far worse than anything he ever did. Libya was the poorest country in Africa when he arrived, before they invaded, he was instituting a regional Gold Backed currency to challenge the dollar, and Libya was one of the best educated, richest nations in Africa. Go check it out. Read his Green book. I took the time to read most of it. Actually makes sense. He certainly wasn't deserving of a barbaric street hack job delivered by absolute mindless zombie retards and posted onto the internet with a cell phone camera.

If you don't get that Ms. Klinton laughing about it in such a wicked fashion is not entirely indicative of her deeply flawed psychopathic character, and that she is hardly out of place with everyone in that arena of politics and elitism (brown nosing the banking powers) then you will never see truth. She's evil and they all are. 1000's of civilians murdered in the name of humanitarian aid. WAKE UP! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I mean it's SO bad SO obvious, it invokes cognitive dissonance - a disconnect from reality because people can't believe the "rulers" aka "controllers" or "leaders" would actually be that bold-faced and hardcore liars, psychopaths and practically insane in just steamrolling over everyone's rights, liberty, over justice, in flagrant disregard for the law - absolutely lawless criminals right there on the world stage pontificating as the bringers of justice and humanitarian aid.

YIKES!

And Peru and other nations just bend over backwards for the mighty US. The people kick out GMO's but don't worry we'll allow you some "testing" spots. "Strictly controlled" of course... :evil:

Here's a good explanation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=gQBQKf4ENJY

PS I don't endorse everything said or all views in the video, and while there are no calls for violence, I just want to say, I'm completely against violence, aka pro-peace. :)

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register