GRINGO NEEDS TRANSLATIONS!!!

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

GRINGO NEEDS TRANSLATIONS!!!

Postby Philipc4u59 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:29 am

ENGLISH - PLEASE!!!

As a semi-retired business owner & consultant; I am amazed as how so many of the web sites I visit have no provisions for translation into English. I am slowly learning Espanol; but currently have need for goods & services in our new apartment.

These sites are losing out on a valuable piece of business; if you are reading this & have a business - YOU SHOULD CONSIDER!!! I am not computer savy, but it shouldn't be so difficult to have language translation.

Philip C. Brown
[email protected]
Surquillo

PS - I also have a degree from an American university in English/teaching; consider job offers..

Kelly

Re: GRINGO NEEDS TRANSLATIONS!!!

Postby Kelly » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Most stores and business here barely have an online presence at all - I think expecting them to have English for the tiny percentage of English speakers in the country may be a bit much. ;)
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Kelly wrote:Most stores and business here barely have an online presence at all - I think expecting them to have English for the tiny percentage of English speakers in the country may be a bit much. ;)

I think the same. Very few expats speak English and expats want to learn Spanish not English.
raya123_2000

Postby raya123_2000 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:42 am

My wife does translations, but what you need is a little advice. Set up you computer for English and turn on auto translation. Most browsers do this automatically. To check right click in the window of the web site you want to translate, and there should be an option to translate.

If you need some one to translate my wife can help.

My e-mail is [email protected]

Ramon Aguilar
roddd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby roddd » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:33 pm

if you use Google chrome browser it will automatically change all websites in to English
or any language of your choice
goalie3443
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby goalie3443 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:57 pm

Jeffe

http://mochilerosperu.wordpress.com
Peru Budget Travel and Review Blog
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Philipc4u59 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:21 pm

Excellent advice for Google Chrome; I want to take advantage of Groupon promotions.
Thanks to all that offered assistance!!!

Philip
[email protected]
PS - my wife & I are always seeking to meet new friends...

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register