Veterinarians in Lima

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Veterinarians in Lima

Postby Philipc4u59 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:54 am

Thanks guys for the info!

I have had dogs all my life; I found a good home for my 2 before I departed for Peru.
My new wife & daughter wanted a puppy; so I agreed.

I am one that likes to experience the bathing experience by myself.
Would you recommend a store bought soap or one from the vet; any experiences with certain brands?
In USA, I used baby shampoo as I didn't want to irratate their eyes; once every 1-2 months.

I still don't understand the reason people acquire dogs here, only to have them roam the street & not be cared for or even fed food that is not "garbage"?
Every Latin American country I have visited; this is extremely common...
Pets provide "unconditional love" to their owners; something we humans need to experience more together.

Jalapenomel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Veterinarians in Lima

Postby Jalapenomel » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:33 pm

You can use baking soda and water to bathe dogs. I have three dogs, and I bathe them at home. However, my vet, Animal Place in Miraflores, is fantastic, and they do grooming. I highly recommend them. We also purchase our food from them as well, because the food in the markets is of very poor quality.

It's hard seeing all the dogs roaming the streets, and actually, that's how we ended up with our third dog, Camote.
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Veterinarians in Lima

Postby Philipc4u59 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:52 am

We have bathed our puppy twice; both times with baby shampoo.
Do you feel the baking soda is more gentle?
I will do some research on the Internet; thanks for your suggestion...

We did go to Animal Place in Miraflores for the initial exam; very expensive!

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register