Papachos - gourmet hamburgers

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
amylimena
Gold Member
Gold Member

Papachos - gourmet hamburgers

Postby amylimena » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 am

There's a new burger joint called Papachos on the corner of 28 de julio and La Paz in Miraflores. I tried it yesterday and it was delicious! Supposedly it's a new Gaston place but I'm not sure if it's actually his or they just paid for the name. Nevertheless, it's great!

They have about 20 different kinds of burgers and you can change any meat patty for a quinoa or veggie patty if you're vegetarian! I had a quinoa burger with provolone cheese, arugula, baby tomatoes and pesto mayo...lush! They also have really good onion rings and fries. Some of their other dishes looked good too like mac and cheese and hot dogs! A reason to go back. :) They also serve Sierra Andina beer, the ex-pat craft brew from Huaraz.

It is definitely a little on the pricey side but totally worth it for the occasional splurge!

chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Papachos - gourmet hamburgers

Postby chi chi » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Do they prepare the burgers and hot dogs from scratch or do they buy them deepfrozen?
calygirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby calygirl » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Here''s the Living in Peru link about this place. That lamb burger sounds fantastic! Can't wait to try on my next visit to Lima.
http://www.peruthisweek.com/food-224-Ph ... -Papachos/
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Well that certainly set my mouth to watering!
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:19 am

The lamb burger was awesome but expensive.
calygirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby calygirl » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:57 pm

So, what's expensive? Here in the states it's not uncommon to pay $10 and up for a good burger with good quality ingredients. We're not talking Big Macs here.
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:21 am

I was making a Peru relative statement with regards to the pricing of the food. The lamb burger was s/36 and came with fries or onion rings. I believe the beef burgers were between s/25 and s/30.

So a lamb burger and a water comes to a grand total of s/43 which comes out to be almost $17.
calygirl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby calygirl » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:35 am

I agree, that's is very expensive. Maybe something to try once to get a taste of something different.
canadiantraveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby canadiantraveller » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:56 pm

I will definitely vouch for the burgers. Not an everyday place as they are a bit pricey, but the variety is awesome, the burgers are fresh and very good. Not to mention they also offer Sierra Andina artesenal beer from Huaraz (amber ale and blonde)

Nothing like gourmet burgers and craft beer.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:40 pm

canadiantraveller wrote:Not to mention they also offer Sierra Andina artesenal beer from Huaraz (amber ale and blonde)

How much cost the beer? That beer would be a nice change from drinking Pilsen Callao all the time.

sbaustin wrote:I was making a Peru relative statement with regards to the pricing of the food. The lamb burger was s/36 and came with fries or onion rings. I believe the beef burgers were between s/25 and s/30.

So a lamb burger and a water comes to a grand total of s/43 which comes out to be almost $17.

The high price was probably due to the size of the burgers.

1.jpg
1.jpg (9.96 KiB) Viewed 3249 times
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:07 pm

chi chi, your picture is a fake.. This is the photo I took with one of the chefs. She was fun.

Arroz con Pollo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Arroz con Pollo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:15 am

Here is the "chapada" which is beef with pickles, chedder cheese, and bacon. S/.32 with onion rings. I'd definitely do this every few weeks. It's worth it.

Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Philipc4u59 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:29 pm

If any one is looking for really OUTSTANDING BEEF; check out Tony Roma's.
My wife traeted me to lunch there last week; we had the ribs - large order some 50 soles with papas.
I wasn't impressed by the papas; why can't they have fresh ones (seemed frozen) & of a "cottage fry" cut?

There are probably a few other TR's in Lima; I will check the Internet.
Thanks for the info; my favorite food in the USA was a "coney burger" - beef patty with stewed Spanish onions & chille with mustard/ketchup/mayo (of your choosing). Some $2.50 each & 2 are enough for lunch.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register