how to say dill in peru?

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
DAF
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 am

how to say dill in peru?

Postby DAF » Sat May 25, 2013 7:34 am

what is the herb dill recognized as here in Peru? Also does anyone know where to get high quality ceylon cinnamon powder?


minos
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:34 am
Contact:

Re: how to say dill in peru?

Postby minos » Sun May 26, 2013 12:59 pm

here is also known as Eneldo, ask any herbs market in Lima
DAF
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 am

Re: how to say dill in peru?

Postby DAF » Sun May 26, 2013 3:22 pm

gracias minos!
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 827
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:58 pm
Location: Lima, Peru

Re: how to say dill in peru?

Postby argidd » Mon May 27, 2013 10:12 am

Hi, I've also seen it as "dill" at Wong.
They have a section of fresh herbs, and the dill is marked as such.

About Ceylon Cinnamon, I've never seen it here...
Regards,

Argidd
SmartKitty
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 9:09 am

Re: how to say dill in peru?

Postby SmartKitty » Mon May 27, 2013 11:14 am

You can also plant dill from seeds (eBay). I had it in my backyard in Lima, it gives a lot during the first 1-2 years, then you need to plant the seeds again.
My name is Fortunata Carhuapoma, pies de plomo. I'm a modest serrano girl in polleras and alpargatas.
DAF
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 am

Re: how to say dill in peru?

Postby DAF » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:12 pm

Thank you all for your responses. I ended up getting some dried up dill at surquillo mercado numero uno for a homemade ranch sauce, exquisite.

SmartKitty wrote:You can also plant dill from seeds (eBay). I had it in my backyard in Lima, it gives a lot during the first 1-2 years, then you need to plant the seeds again.


I would be careful with all the toxic air here in Lima I bet the plants here are full of toxic metals not suitable for consumption, just imagine if in New York City food grown their is too toxic for people imagine one of the world's most polluted cities, Lima.
SmartKitty
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 9:09 am

Re: how to say dill in peru?

Postby SmartKitty » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:57 pm

DAF wrote:Thank you all for your responses. I ended up getting some dried up dill at surquillo mercado numero uno for a homemade ranch sauce, exquisite.

SmartKitty wrote:You can also plant dill from seeds (eBay). I had it in my backyard in Lima, it gives a lot during the first 1-2 years, then you need to plant the seeds again.


I would be careful with all the toxic air here in Lima I bet the plants here are full of toxic metals not suitable for consumption, just imagine if in New York City food grown their is too toxic for people imagine one of the world's most polluted cities, Lima.

Ha! What do you think you eat from the local markets? Produce out of Lima is a lot worse, strong chemicals, mercury, even radiation ... all Peru is a big dumpster, not good to raise kids there, sorry. :?
My name is Fortunata Carhuapoma, pies de plomo. I'm a modest serrano girl in polleras and alpargatas.
Hitoruna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:12 am

Re: how to say dill in peru?

Postby Hitoruna » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:45 pm

SmartKitty wrote:
DAF wrote:Thank you all for your responses. I ended up getting some dried up dill at surquillo mercado numero uno for a homemade ranch sauce, exquisite.

SmartKitty wrote:You can also plant dill from seeds (eBay). I had it in my backyard in Lima, it gives a lot during the first 1-2 years, then you need to plant the seeds again.


I would be careful with all the toxic air here in Lima I bet the plants here are full of toxic metals not suitable for consumption, just imagine if in New York City food grown their is too toxic for people imagine one of the world's most polluted cities, Lima.

Ha! What do you think you eat from the local markets? Produce out of Lima is a lot worse, strong chemicals, mercury, even radiation ... all Peru is a big dumpster, not good to raise kids there, sorry. :?



is your name Anita Miller by any chance? :mrgreen:
SmartKitty
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 9:09 am

Re: how to say dill in peru?

Postby SmartKitty » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:14 am

Hitoruna wrote:
SmartKitty wrote:Ha! What do you think you eat from the local markets? Produce out of Lima is a lot worse, strong chemicals, mercury, even radiation ... all Peru is a big dumpster, not good to raise kids there, sorry. :?

is your name Anita Miller by any chance? :mrgreen:

Nope. My name is Fortunata Carhuapoma, pies de plomo. I'm a modest serrano girl in polleras and alpargatas. I just know what we grow, how we grow it and what we sell in Peru. :wink:
My name is Fortunata Carhuapoma, pies de plomo. I'm a modest serrano girl in polleras and alpargatas.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register