New Holiday Inn at Lima Airport

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

New Holiday Inn at Lima Airport

Postby tupacperu » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:17 am

IHG Expands the Holiday Inn® Brand in Peru
New-Build Holiday Inn hotel in Lima grows brand’s South American portfolio

Hotel connected to Lima's Airport.
http://m.hospitalitynet.org/news/4061946.html

Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Holiday Inn at Lima Airport

Postby Alpineprince » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:54 am

I wonder what the impact of the newly announced "night flights" to Cusco will have on them and the other hotels ,hostels in the area?
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:36 am

And I wonder how they factored in the airport expansion. What does adjacent mean when the terminal will be on the other side, as will be the new access road? I guess it doesn't matter much. Nice to see competition for the expensive Ramada.
marlia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby marlia » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:56 am

Hello Tupacperu,
thank you for your information. A new Holiday Inn in Lima Airport, maybe my Husband could apply a job there :)
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:53 pm

Alpineprince wrote:I wonder what the impact of the newly announced "night flights" to Cusco will have on them and the other hotels ,hostels in the area?

I don't think many travellers would care to stay in hotels near the airport (ok, maybe backpackers), but for the rest, sleeping in a "telo" is not an option. So many people or either stay at the Ramada, or sleep somewhere around the airport in a very uncomfortable chair.

I think it's great they are opening another hotel in the airport. Consider that there are quite a few connecting flights not only national but international, there are business travellers that need somewhere to spend a few hours before they depart, or when they first come in before they go on their way... so the Cusco night flights should not signify a decrease in hotel guests.
Regards,

Argidd
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:46 am

argidd wrote:or sleep somewhere around the airport in a very uncomfortable chair.

The filthy carpet in front of the internet cafe at the second floor at the airport won't have to worry about competition from the new Holiday Inn. The carpet is always ''fully booked'' and has it's regular customers. And price wise, it will be tough for the Holiday Inn to compete with the 'filthy carpet'.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:52 am

Never seen a carpet anywhere at Lima airport, dirty or otherwise. And I go there 40-50 times a year. Maybe something missing in the translation. I have always wondered why folks do not use the chapel to rest, nice benches, certainly peaceful and who would bother anyone in a chapel :)
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:56 am

teamoperu wrote:Never seen a carpet anywhere at Lima airport, dirty or otherwise. And I go there 40-50 times a year. Maybe something missing in the translation. I have always wondered why folks do not use the chapel to rest, nice benches, certainly peaceful and who would bother anyone in a chapel :)

Go to the domestic arrivals area and then take the escalator upstairs. And look at your right. In front of the internet cafe, there's a carpeted area. There's always a bunch of backpackers sleeping in that area.

I think that if you lay down and sleep on the benches in the chapel then you will be kicked out. Especially if you snore very loudly.
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:57 pm

argidd wrote:
Alpineprince wrote:I wonder what the impact of the newly announced "night flights" to Cusco will have on them and the other hotels ,hostels in the area?

I don't think many travellers would care to stay in hotels near the airport (ok, maybe backpackers), but for the rest, sleeping in a "telo" is not an option. So many people or either stay at the Ramada, or sleep somewhere around the airport in a very uncomfortable chair.

I think it's great they are opening another hotel in the airport. Consider that there are quite a few connecting flights not only national but international, there are business travellers that need somewhere to spend a few hours before they depart, or when they first come in before they go on their way... so the Cusco night flights should not signify a decrease in hotel guests.

People who have flights to the Provinces, people like myself whos final destination is Chiclayo, prefer to stay close to the airport. Most flight to the provinces are next day.
windsportinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby windsportinperu » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:00 pm

Lima needs to create new attractions for tourism.

Once Cusco have a new international airport, with direct flights from all over the world, Lima won't be the door of entrance to Peru, anymore. It means hotels, restaurants, buses and the rest of services needed for tourism will decrease..
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:11 am

tupacperu wrote:People who have flights to the Provinces, people like myself whos final destination is Chiclayo, prefer to stay close to the airport. Most flight to the provinces are next day.

Nowadays, flights to and from Tarapoto are very well scheduled. It's no longer required to stay overnight in creepy Lima if you want to travel to fabulous Tarapoto.

The last STARPERU flight bound for Lima is now even earlier so that all the Cowboys and Cowgirls can still get on time in Lima to catch the last flight with American Airlines to Dallas/Forth Worth.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register