Setting up own "pension fund" for Rentista status

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
amigorick
Gold Member
Gold Member

Setting up own "pension fund" for Rentista status

Postby amigorick » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:28 pm

craig wrote:People on this list have set up their own "pension fund" and paid themselves money for a few months to get the visa.

I've never heard of setting up your own "pension fund" as a way to obtain Rentista status and I'm curious about this option. I'm am not currently old enough for Social Security monthly payments, but do have savings and a IRA that has more than enough to cover $1000/mo for the rest of my life (I also own a home in Peru). Does anyone have direct experience setting up your own "pension fund" (not an annuity through an insurance company)?

americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Setting up own "pension fund" for Rentista status

Postby americorps » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:04 pm

expats do that all the time.

A good financial advisor can help.

Jamie Tunstall is good and is in Lima.

Generally they are set up through a bank in the isle of man, jersey or guernsey. You can go a less secure route like a panama bank or a bahamas bank, but I prefer the stability of the british isles.

His contact info is:

Jamie Tunstall

[email protected]

Canaval y Moreyra 328. San Isidro. Lima

Tel: +(51) 3723612

http://p3wi.com/index.php/about-us

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register