Rescued Old English Sheepdog For Adoption

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
pger

Rescued Old English Sheepdog For Adoption

Postby pger » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:28 pm

Hi guys.

My husband and I recently rescued a 16 month Old English Sheepdog named Sun. Just one week ago he was tied up on a roof patio, having never been washed, brushed or loved. We could actually see the ticks jumping off of him. We couldn't leave him in these conditions, so we took him home.

We have taken him to the vet, he did receive his one year vaccinations and is up to date. They had to shave all his hair off, it was so dirty and matted. There was not a single inch of him not bitten by parasites. It was honestly one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever seen. The vet removed the ticks and chemically treated him, so he is tick free. His blood tests came back clear today so apart from being underweight he has a clear bill of health.

Our problem is this, unfortunately, we are not in a position to adopt him full time, as we leave Lima in a few weeks, we just wanted to get him out of the terrible conditions he was in. I wonder if there is someone out there who would be willing to take on this sweet guy? He's understandably a little nervous at the moment, and gets a little anxious when he is left alone, but I really think with the right person, a bit of patience and a lot of love he will make a brilliant companion.

If this is you, or you know someone who may be interested, please send me an email to [email protected], tell me a bit about yourself, your dog experience and why you'd like to take him on We can send pictures and answer any questions you have.

And if you can't help Sun out, please be aware of the treatment of dogs here, there are so many living in terrible conditions, consider adopting and rescuing before buying a puppy.

Thanks,

Paul & Josh

pger

Re: Rescued Old English Sheepdog For Adoption

Postby pger » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Forgot to mention... we are in Miraflores, Lima.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register