beaches

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: beaches

Postby panman » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:33 pm

I think on the whole, having just quickly read the article, people are going to be bitterly disappointed with Peru's beaches.
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:41 pm

So there is nothing "carribean" looking in Peru? Or what is wrong with then in YHO?
caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby caliguy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:18 pm

captcosmic wrote:So there is nothing "carribean" looking in Peru? Or what is wrong with then in YHO?

there is mostly no vegetation whatsoever, and the local mountains as well.
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:53 am

captcosmic wrote:So there is nothing "carribean" looking in Peru? Or what is wrong with then in YHO?

Yes, like the article says, there are some nice beaches in the far north. Warm water, sand beaches, babes in bikinis. 8)
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sergio Bernales » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:15 am

It's not exactly an inaccurate article. Does Peru have the world's best beaches? No, sadly not, but I think there are some lovely beaches, especially for surfers. For those of us who don't surfing, the waves are little rough and there's no coral like in the Caribbean, which gives calm turquois sea. However, I do have some favourite beaches. I like are Santa Maria, an hour south of Lima, very clean, family friendly and well maintained. Punta Sal, about 10-15 miles north of Mancora, beautiful sandy beach without the crowds. Paracas bay is very nice and probably one of the calmest parts of the sea I've swam in in Peru, but it can get a bit windy. Not sure about beaches in the far south, but I've heard some good things.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:26 pm

Tough to beat Mancora and surroundings, but some of the beaches around Asia are pretty nice, too. Water is a little cooler though...

Some great pics here: http://peru.com/viajes/conozca-peru/con ... 740-473985

God.. Summer... Please!!!
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby teamoperu » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:36 pm

Say what? It is beach time summertime! We are going to the beach, will be packed cause the school kids have time off...
Playa Colan, renting a bungalow, with pool, BBQ and beers, walks on the beach, hot sun and hot sand and hot bikinis ...
oh, sorry, you are in Lima, no? :lol:
Photo #7 in your link.
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:13 pm

teamoperu wrote:Say what? It is beach time summertime! We are going to the beach, will be packed cause the school kids have time off...
Playa Colan, renting a bungalow, with pool, BBQ and beers, walks on the beach, hot sun and hot sand and hot bikinis ...
oh, sorry, you are in Lima, no? :lol:
Photo #7 in your link.

Now that's just mean! Hope you get sunburn!!
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:32 am

Alan wrote:Tough to beat Mancora and surroundings, but some of the beaches around Asia are pretty nice, too. Water is a little cooler though...

Some great pics here: http://peru.com/viajes/conozca-peru/con ... 740-473985

God.. Summer... Please!!!

Wow.. nice. Looks very "Californianish." If that is a word. Thanks!
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Has anyone been to Punta Sal beach in the north? I know Sergio Bernales has been there , the pctures in the slides really make it look tropical!

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register