Question for the British (or anyone else who may know)

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Domuk

Question for the British (or anyone else who may know)

Postby Domuk » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:37 am

Hello peoples, Anyone out there found anything near to English sausage. I've searched Plaza vea, Wong, Totus but they only seem to have 'hot dog' style or 'chorizo'. Serious Full-English cravings going on here.

Thanks

SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Question for the British (or anyone else who may know)

Postby SilverbackPeru » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:10 pm

No you won't find anything like that unfortunatly it's just mostly hotdogs.
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby panman » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:42 pm

Domuk wrote:Hello peoples, Anyone out there found anything near to English sausage. I've searched Plaza vea, Wong, Totus but they only seem to have 'hot dog' style or 'chorizo'. Serious Full-English cravings going on here.

Thanks

Have a look on the meat counter in Vivanda.
I haven't tried their sausages yet, but they look good.
Don't know where you're living, but on the subject of English food, the best chips I've eaten here have been at Hikari, they have several places around Lima.
www.hikari.com.pe/
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:40 am

Domuk wrote:Hello peoples, Anyone out there found anything near to English sausage. I've searched Plaza vea, Wong, Totus but they only seem to have 'hot dog' style or 'chorizo'. Serious Full-English cravings going on here.

Thanks

Hi Domuk,

No, you will not get anything like English sausage, but there are some other options that are good, and that you can work around.
I would recommend a curry sausage from Braedt, we use it to make pigs in a blanket(the curry flavor is not THAT strong). You can get them at Wong or most likely other supermarkets. For toad in the hole we used chorizo parrillero, and it was not bad at all. Chorizo de lomo would be a bit tastier, since it is made from steak.
We also had pan con chorizo, with a chorizo norteño at Otto Kunz (it was at CC El Trigal, but not sure if it still exists), my husband loved it; he said it was the closest he has had to a sausage from home (Eng).

Finally, there is a butcher on Simón Salguero (limit Miraflores and Surco), it's like a strip of shops; the place is Argentinean, but you can look for sausages there, Argies have very good chorizos. You can also try Braedt Haus in Monterrico (on La Encalda), or search for any of those Otto Kunz shops.
Regards,

Argidd
Domuk

Postby Domuk » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Thanks for the advice, will try these out. I suppose if I made a strong onion gravy you wouldn't notice much difference in sausage.

Thanks again!

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register