crazytacoperu.com wrote:Or we go camping in Cieneguilla and buy at the market there , it is about 20% cheaper than Lima.
Where do you go camping in Cieneguilla and what is there to do? Is it good for teens?
Yes, its great for the whole family.
There is place called Las Palmeras, phone: 479-8863
Here is the address from their receipt:
Maz 80 Lt. 18 A.H.
Taxi charges about 60 soles to get there from Miraflores. Its past Mesa Piedra about 8 minutes further.
Most taxis know Mesa Piedra. You can get there on a bus on Javier Prado for 3 soles. Its a long ride to the end of the Cieneguilla bus line.
This place rocks, it has:
1. swimming pool
2. each camping area has a grill , table, and canopy cover (made of bamboo or something similar)
5. a river close, you can jump in
6. they let u build a fireplace (u gotta buy wood or scrounge for it)
7. a bodega about 6 minutes walking up back to town to buy meats/fruits/veggies/charcoal/wood/ice/beer
8. tons of camping
9. a restaurant typical campestre food (pachamanca, ceviche, salads, etc)
10. guest rooms (limited availability for about 60 soles a night matrimonial)
11. electric light at night by the campsight. We use it to setup, then we unscrew the bulb after the fire starts.
12. camping is 15 soles per person
13. pool is 8 soles per kid , I think 10 for an adult
14. IT IS always sunny there, even in winter.
15. ping pong
17. a crummy outdoor shower for he pool ,but it works
1. Bring your own MOSQUITO REPELLENT
2. Bring your own marshmellows (have not seen them for sale there)
3. Bring a ball (they always lose their balls...!)
4. Bring your own TP and soap
Its a little tricky to get to, hit me up on a private message for details on getting there and some pics of the place.
..A Peruvian once asked me:what's the difference between special and abnormal?.....well my answer was : Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus..