Marriage After a Divorce

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
emfuentes

Marriage After a Divorce

Postby emfuentes » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:43 pm

I am American. I was divorced on October 7th, 2013 in Collin County (In Texas) I know that there is a 30 day waiting period for me to get married again in Texas. Does Peru have a waiting period after divorce to get married again? It was suggested to me at the Peruvian Embassy here in Dallas that it was 60 days. But I have not been able to locate any information on this waiting period.

I read that since my divorce is less that 300 days old, I will be required to take a pregnancy test as well. Is that true? My fiance is not having any more luck answering these questions either.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

crazytacoperu.com
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Marriage After a Divorce

Postby crazytacoperu.com » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:27 pm

In Peru I don't think its an issue. Just go to the local municipality of your choice and ask them. Barranco is pretty good and so is Pueblo Libre. You could probably get married in another state as well, like Vegas or Hollywood. Heck they get married every week and don't even remember it happening! The only real issues is whether the FEDS in the USA have a waiting period, if you are trying to 1)bring a Peruvian to the USA or 2) fix your own papers. I am divorced as well, I think that 300 day waiting period is a good excuse NOT get married quickly - 3000 days might be better for me :D
..A Peruvian once asked me:what's the difference between special and abnormal?.....well my answer was : Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus..

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register