illiegal Aliens can regularize their situation

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

illiegal Aliens can regularize their situation

Postby sbaustin » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:56 am

Looks like those of you that have overstayed your visa might be able to fix your status.

"Los extranjeros que hayan ingresado al país antes del 31 de diciembre de 2011 y que permanezcan de forma irregular en nuestro territorio, tienen un plazo de 180 días para presentar sus solicitudes ante Migraciones y cambiar dicha situación migratoria."

It looks like you might have to pay the overstay fine, will get a 2 year resident visas along with a promise that you will get a job in that time.

http://peru21.pe/actualidad/migraciones ... on-2165452

chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: illiegal Aliens can regularize their situation

Postby chi chi » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:49 pm

Sounds good.

The Peruvian immigration system is becoming like the one in Europe in the US; being illegal pays off.

Instead of going trough all the costs, hassle and bureaucracy at immigration and the effort of finding an employer who's willing to sponsor your workpermit, just overstay your visa and you get it straight away without any hassle.
TShadow
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby TShadow » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:35 pm

That's on the paper, lets see how it will work out on reality. Don't forget we're in Peru, not in Germany.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:42 pm

TShadow wrote:That's on the paper, lets see how it will work out on reality. Don't forget we're in Peru, not in Germany.

It only applies for visaoverstayers that arrived before December 2011. So, if you borderhopped in the meantime, you won't qualify.

So, you must have been overstaying for the last 24 months or more.
I think that many of the foreigners that have been overstaying for a very long time and that are working on low wages won't be able to afford the fine so they will stay illegally.

I also think that the process to get a resident visa won't be free either and there will be costs involved.

I think immigration is mainly looking on collecting overstaying fines and collecting application fees for the resident visas.
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:13 am

chi chi wrote:
TShadow wrote:That's on the paper, lets see how it will work out on reality. Don't forget we're in Peru, not in Germany.

It only applies for visaoverstayers that arrived before December 2011. So, if you borderhopped in the meantime, you won't qualify.

So, you must have been overstaying for the last 24 months or more.
I think that many of the foreigners that have been overstaying for a very long time and that are working on low wages won't be able to afford the fine so they will stay illegally.

I also think that the process to get a resident visa won't be free either and there will be costs involved.

I think immigration is mainly looking on collecting overstaying fines and collecting application fees for the resident visas.

Yeah, but you got to be aware of the back taxes. They will collect overstay and may even ask for back-taxes (Tax Resident).
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:12 pm

ALIENS ???

I haven't seen any yet in Peru. :)

aliens.jpg
aliens.jpg (5.93 KiB) Viewed 801 times

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register